I did it.

coreena691
on 3/15/11 11:50 pm, edited 3/20/11 7:28 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
Hi everyone,

Most of you know I'm having a revision from my old Stomach stapling VBG in May. (staples came undone)

Well I researched this to death, I was given a choice of  Re-stapled, RNY gastric bypass or to have the sleeve.

At first I chose the RNY in his office, but once I got home I did my homework.....I just called the hospital and changed it.  I've chosen to have the Gastric Sleeve!!!!

The admin clerk took the info, and she doesn't feel there will be a problem since he gave me the choice last week.  She said if I don't hear back, then that procedure will be the one! 

Okay, now I really am excited!  I wanna be sleeved!  My reason for changing my mind....I don't need the malabsorbtion that goes along with RNY, I just need a fix for restriction.  (It's okay if I have to have RNY in the end due to old surgery complications though)  But I had so many problems with food stuck in my band, so I can't just get my pouch re-stapled and need something else.  I pray that band won't cause me problems when it's time for surgery.  It's been in there for 20yrs.  .........BAND BE GONE!!!  lol

VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

kimberleyann
on 3/16/11 12:09 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
Great news, good luck with new procedure. 

nannydeb
on 3/16/11 6:13 am - Canada
Great news, maybe we'll meet in the hospital.

A in NS
on 3/16/11 7:03 am
Woohoo!  You're gonna love it with no food getting stuck but lots of restriction  :o)  Yay!!

Weight lost since surgery:

Kitty1975
on 3/16/11 8:58 am - Canada
Woohoo thats awesome, Good luck!

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
Most Active