Yay!...I'm getting a revision!

coreena691
on 3/10/11 6:56 am, edited 3/10/11 9:40 pm - Beaver Bank, Canada

I met up with my surgeon in Amherst yesterday.  He is booking me in for a revision from VBG to RNY before the end of June!    (edit:  I just got my surgery date in Amherst for May 12th)  Woohoo!

I can't express enough how fortunate I am to have my surgeon in Amherst taking care of his patients and working with us for follow ups and reconstructive surgery afterwards.  He's the same surgeon who did my original VBG 20 yrs ago and my Tummy Tuck in 1993.  (I'M STILL WAITING TO HEAR BACK FROM THE WLS CLINIC WITH DR. ELLESMERE!)

Dr. M felt my current weight shows that I have been successful with my procedure all these years, and now with staple line rupture, I would regain all the weight without a revision.  

I'm looking forward to this surgery and getting fixed up.  It means I'm starting back at square 1 with a new smaller pouch but that's a good thing! 
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

Debbie T.
on 3/10/11 10:03 am - Canada
Wonderful news Coreena!!!!
Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
(deactivated member)
on 3/10/11 8:06 pm - Canada
Thats good news!
ruthann49
on 3/10/11 9:10 pm - Canada
Wow that is exciting new Coreena! Will you be having the surgery in Amherst? If so I could be your angel if you like,

coreena691
on 3/10/11 9:26 pm - Beaver Bank, Canada
Thanks everyone! 
Yes Ruthann, my surgery is taking place in Amherst--I would love you to be my angel.  My family will drive me up, but have to go home and wait the 4-5 days until I go back home. 
I just got the date for May 12th.

Carly ~
on 3/10/11 9:19 pm
I'm happy for you Coreena!  
Wish you all the best with your surgery... 

Geesh.. me and you have been waiting to hear  back from the Halifax clinic almost as long.  My referral date was February or March... 1998.     Haha  still holding on -- don't know why.
coreena691
on 3/10/11 9:29 pm - Beaver Bank, Canada

Thanks Carly,

My heart really goes out to everyone who is waiting so long for their surgeries.  Hopefully this province can and will do something soon to pick up the speed.  No one should have to wait years to get help. 

ruthann49
on 3/11/11 8:58 am - Canada
I marked  the date on my calender! You must be very excited and Spring will be in full force by then!

coreena691
on 3/11/11 9:03 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
Thanks Ruthanne.

Excited & nervous all at the same time.  Been 18 yrs since my last surgery (tummy tuck).

I'm an "old timer" and we never had support back then, what exactly does an "angel" do?

ruthann49
on 3/12/11 12:23 am - Canada
I really don't know what an angel does haha But I live close to the hospital and I can visit if you like and let people know on the forum how you are doing. But if you would rather privacy ,I can just be a phone call away and help out if your family is unavailable. We have a fairly new hospital and the patient's rooms are lovely.

Most Active