Hi I'm new to this forum

nsblue
on 3/11/11 6:30 pm, edited 3/11/11 6:31 pm - Brookfield. NS, Canada
Thanks so much Angie, I would love any information on any support meetings in Truro. 

Food has been my friend for so many years...filling that hole whenever the emotional wind****when i think of the years with my head in the sand....and it took my husband being sick to wake me up....how sad..... but ... i know that it will also keep me on the path of healthiness remembering this....and too surrounding me with people who support me in my journey...i know will only result for the better. 

This last week has been so busy on working on walking, lifting weights, socializing etc...i miss home and my computer lol  but all these new changes are for the better...and i know eventually i will get into some sort of organized routine to fit more things into the run of a day.

A in NS
on 3/13/11 9:13 am
I try to hold the Truro support group meetings once/month - usually on a weekend afternoon so everyone has a chance to get here.  They are held at the Community room of the Sobeys on Robie Street - I will post the next meeting date on here  :)  Also I can't remember if we said anything about the OWLSS Facebook page -  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?cropsuccess&id=618435775 #!/group.php?gid=320715564655

Keep up with the weights & getting out & living - it's the very best cure!  :)

Weight lost since surgery:

nsblue
on 3/21/11 11:41 pm - Brookfield. NS, Canada
That will be great ang, will look forward to it. I looked at the link you gave for the facebook group, but it only went to my homepage ...not sure what's goin on.

i'm going into week 3 on walking and last week my insulin dropped in 3 days....I'm now on 23u and 13u ..... geesh when at Dr Ellsmeres i was on 35u and 25u..... amazing what a lil walking n weights will do lol

A in NS
on 3/22/11 12:31 am
That's awesome! 
I sent you a private message about the facebook group - just friend me and I will invite you from there  :)

Weight lost since surgery:

DaniDragonfly
on 3/6/11 11:29 pm - Lockhartville, Canada
Welcome, Melanie;

I am so sorry to learn of your loss. I can't even begin to imagine. You are obviously strong ... and that will take you far. This is not a journey for the faint of heart. But - it is awesome once you are committed to it.

I wish you luck, love and speed ... but I will warn you, there is no surgery that makes exercising fun ... you have to just do it ...

D
nsblue
on 3/11/11 6:35 pm, edited 3/11/11 6:36 pm - Brookfield. NS, Canada

Thanks D,

i know getting into a habit of even walking is going to take some work. And starting now will help when surgery happens. It's to get that new habit started. My girlfriend promised me she would be my hound lol i told her to keep at me and not take any excuses i give...to push me out the door lol so far so good... i know there will be days she more than likely will have to crack the whip lmao

livelifeagain
on 3/7/11 8:33 am
Hi Melanie,

I am truly so very sorry to hear of all the heartbreak you have been through.  If you can get through all of that, you can be a success on your weight loss journey.  And God Bless You, I am not surprised you went back to eating for comfort with all of that going on in your life. Not many people could diet through all that pain, physical and emotional.  Not sure why some good folks are given so many crosses to bear but you are clearly a strong person.  Try to keep focused on the future and as the others have said, you have this forum to come to when you need support  and the opportunity to attend group support meetings as well.

So good luck with your weight loss journey.....you can do it!!

I have not had surgery yet so can't relate any experiences.  I was just referred in Feb.

Take care
nsblue
on 3/11/11 6:54 pm - Brookfield. NS, Canada

thanks so much for your kind words livelifeagain

One thing i have seen in the last few weeks is through me getting on the band wagon with my health it has spurred others around me with theirs...so just because you may have no experiences concerning the WLS to share, i know that just basic dealing with everyday issues that we all deal with is something i know you understand....and any tips that has helped with you is as of just as much importance. 

Waiting to hear is excruciating. I know when i had my first referal to Dr Klassin over 2 years ago..... i did give up... and when my second referral went in in sept last year...i didnt think i would ever hear. when i in fact called and heard of the wait...i could have given up again for it was frustrating hearing them say...well i could go to truro to get my hernia fixed...well hell i was told they couldnt do it in truro. i knew she had no way of knowing the seriousness of my situation but it wasnt until december when the receptionist at my doctors office got on the phone n kept calling and pushing that she resent the referrals and they finally said they would call the first of the year. I feel so sad concerning the wait some have... I know i still havent a date yet but i do have one visit in with dr ellsmere which is more than some.... my heart goes out to all waitin.

Carly ~
on 3/7/11 9:49 pm
Welcome to the forums!
Good luck with your surgery, I'm glad the clinic has put you in as a priority. 
Imagine how you'll feel a year or two from now.  You'll be a whole new you!
nsblue
on 3/11/11 7:36 pm - Brookfield. NS, Canada

Thanks Carly.

there's times i feel bad, like ive butted into a long line, but i do realize that my hernia not being fixed is an every day worry of a perforation that could result in death... but then again..we all are not promised of tomorrow... i struggle at times at my value as being put priority...but i know that stems from long time issues of low esteem...another things needing work on.

i know when doc ellsmere said in two years we will have this fixed...i just stood there smiling..i think i was stunned...not sure how to react... my girlfiend who was with me started bawling when he said it lol....i think the last time i remember being below 200 was when i was 14.....i was 198 then.

Most Active