Dates

sussmack2004
on 3/6/11 10:57 am
Good day!
I haven't been on here for a while now.

I spent 2 weeks of February in Los Angeles with my daughter, visiting my sister and her daughter! What a great time we had. The weather was not fabulous and of the 13 days that we were there we had 4 or 5 days of rainy weather but it sure wasn't snow The temperature was around 55-60 degrees most days, so again not too hot, but lovely just the same.

I figure I didn't do too badly weight wise either.....I did gain 4.5 lbs but considering what I ate, I think that I did do OK. I really didn't eat too badly most of the time BUT bread has always been my weakness and I really have stayed away from it for months now. It seems like every restaurant that we went to in the states they bring you out some form of bread while you are waiting. There were breadsticks, garlic bread rolls, cornbread, and I loved it all. Most of the time I had salads following my bread appetizers, thankfully! My sister is also a great cook and I had more pasta in those 2 weeks than I have had in the past 4 months, but it was yummy.

And as for the dates that I elude to in my title, I just wanted to let you all know that I attended the group session in Halifax in August of 2010. I have just received a letter from the clinic that I have my private consultation on May 10, so progress is being seen

So since I received that letter (a couple days after I returned from vacation) I have become nervous about it all over again. I was kind of leery before I went to the group session and then all that great information reassured me but now that I have my private meeting with them I am all nervous again

I'm hoping that this is a normal thing and the anxiety that I am feeling will go away again but just wanted to share these thoughts with someone. I haven't told anyone that I received my letter with the date yet. I do have a very supportive family but I so far I have put off telling them.

Well I must get going and get some sleep! I have been sick with bronchitis and cold ever since I returned from LA, so tomorrow is my first day back to work, hopefully feeling better after a good night's sleep!

Susan

A in NS
on 3/6/11 11:08 am
Wow that's great news Susan!!  I think it's pretty normal to be nervous about each step - it is a life changing step you're taking - if you weren't a little nervous I think there would be something wrong...  I remember when they called me with my surgery date, I cried, I laughed, I cried...  It was crazy! lol   But I'm sure glad I did it  :)

I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation! 

Weight lost since surgery:

(deactivated member)
on 3/6/11 7:45 pm - Canada
I was nervous right up until I went to sleep on the table!!
Its normal! 
DaniDragonfly
on 3/6/11 11:35 pm - Lockhartville, Canada
If I recall ... I was bawling when they laid me out on the operating table. (After leaking tears the whole time in the waiting area)

It's a big deal ... but so fricken worth it!!
CaperGal
on 3/8/11 12:18 pm - Sydney Mines, Canada

hi,6 months is the average time. I was at the 50 people session on Mar. 1st. 2010 and it was Oct.23th. when I had my visit with "the team" so mine was over the 6 months. Than it was Oct.28th. when I met with Dr. Ellsmere and I was given my operation date for Dec. 7th.with the pre-op date as Nov. 29th. which is where I got stopped by the doc that puts you to sleep in the O. R. (I really have to learn how to spell it.) LOL Long story short I am still waiting to get checked out by the hematologist. Long waiting list for either of the 2 I am on a waiting list for.
I am so ready for this to happen SOON.

sorry I print in large print but it is so much easier to read when it is larger.
I haven't told too many people about it either. I figure when I get it done and start losing I will tell family and close friends than.
 I look forward to seeing your progress in the near furture. Hang in there.

marieman
on 3/9/11 9:08 am - Halifax, Canada
Good Day,

I am so glad to hear that you did finally get the letter to say that the team will meet with you in May privately.  I too also attended that meeting with the 50plus people back in August 2010 and I am still waiting to hear for the letter that invites me to meet that team privately, I do understand that it is long time to wait and I must be patience.  I will just keeping doing what I am doing and wait.

ruthann49
on 3/7/11 5:05 am - Canada
That's great news Susan But My God things move slow here in Nova Scotia!! No wonder you feel nervous with over 6 months since your first session! Hopefully you are on your way now Keep us posted!! 

Most Active