Somewhere along the way, I've lost myself...

A in NS
on 2/23/11 7:39 pm
I started out at 360 lbs & now I weigh 180 lbs - I now weigh, literally, HALF of what I did!!  WOOHOO!!  20 more to go!!! 

Weight lost since surgery:

kimberleyann
on 2/23/11 8:37 pm - Kingston, NS, Canada
Congrats, truly a great result.

A in NS
on 2/24/11 8:29 am

Thanks kimberleyann!  :)

FancyRoses
on 2/24/11 7:08 am - Lower Sackville, Canada
wow thats amazing congrats....
and you did it in such a short time i am so impressed your are a great insperation and excited for you.  are you going to post before and after pics? what other than eating did you do to help with this quick weight loss as i am 368LB .   also you live in NS also how long did it take you to get a date once you were refered?  My Dr just refered me tofay 2/24/11 and i am so excited but yet discouraged when she said it can take up to 2 years or longer
My goals to a healthy me            
A in NS
on 2/24/11 8:28 am
It took me 3 years pre-op to lose the first 90lbs and 7 months post op to lose another 90lbs so the post op loss is fairly average I think...  But I did work my butt off so I'll take that compliment, thank you very much!  lol  You can see before & during pics on my profile page (I sent you a friend request) but I haven't taken after pics yet - I suppose it's time for more 'during' pics now though  :)  Most of the questions that you asked are on my profile page too - including dates & wait times...  I did lots of stuff - I walked both pre & post op & after I got a little confidence, I went to the gym...  Before surgery I cut out all of the white stuff (sugar, bread, flour & pasta) and replaced it with whole wheat instead & found healthy 'replacements' for the things we really liked to eat...  It hasn't been easy, but I'm really glad that I did it! 

Congrats on your referral - that means you're on your way!!  I know the wait times are long, but hang in there - it's worth the wait!  Sorry I didn't answer all of your questions in this post, but I have a sleepy little man here who needs to go to bed!  :S  Anyway, have a look at my profile page & if you still have any questions just let me know  :))

imaybenuts
on 2/25/11 1:45 am - Canada
ROCK ON BABE! WI**** WAS ME DOWN TO 180...LOL BUT ALLS GOOD...BIG HOLLAAAAAAAAAAAAA

30 lbs lost pre op

A in NS
on 2/25/11 10:13 pm
Ahhh but you're so much taller than I am!  I'm only 5'3 - I wish I were taller!!  lmao  You're almost at goal too!!!  WOOHOO!!!

Kitty1975
on 2/25/11 10:04 am - Canada
You so rock and i am so jealous. I cant wait to get to that point! Actually i cant wait to get to the point theres no pain or nausea.lol I dont think thats asking too much :--D

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
A in NS
on 2/25/11 10:15 pm
Hmmm, from the looks of your ticker you are already over half way though!  Holey girl!  When are they going to do the flushing procedure for you?

Kitty1975
on 2/26/11 1:18 am - Canada
They were gonna do it yesterday if they could fit me in but guess they couldnt cause i didnt get the call. So it will be this coming Friday now. I am hoping it works so i can get back to feeling like myself and back to work. I am not used to sitting around like this so much. My weight loss has slowed down majorly right now but i am guessing its due to not exercising since i feel like crap most days and sadly not getting my protein in like i should be. BUT i finally found greek yogurt and had some today. Loved it mixed with FF cool whip and some mashed blackberries. So i am excited now at least i will be getting my protein in finally.

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
Most Active