Sleep study

ruthann49
on 2/9/11 5:18 am - Canada
My doctor is sending me for a sllep study. What is invoved with this ?

CaperGal
on 2/9/11 11:07 am - Sydney Mines, Canada

I don't know anything about it. But I do know that the team do ask if you have sleep apnea. Not sure if it is good to have it or not. just seemed that they take people with it quicker, just my thought tho.

A in NS
on 2/9/11 11:50 am, edited 2/9/11 11:50 am
I did mine with Atlantic Sleep Apnea and they send the 'kit' home with you.  You put a clip on your finger (like they do in the hospital) and it attaches to a little box (about the size of a pack of cigarettes).  I think that is all there was to it, but I had it done AGES ago now so I might be forgetting a part...  anyway, it's nothing invasive, painful or scary at all - you put it on before you go to sleep and return it to them in the morning - really no biggie  :)

BTW, I had severe sleep apnea (I stopped breathing once every MINUTE) and the pressure on my C-Pap was in the 20's - it's all in the normal range now, though I do still need to use the C-Pap - hopefully not for much longer though  :)  Hope this helps!

Weight lost since surgery:

ruthann49
on 2/9/11 8:08 pm - Canada
Thanks Angie. I also did the finger thing years ago this time I have to go overnight to the sleep clinic in Halifax I can't amagine sleeping normally with a machine hooked up ! lol You are doing great Angie ! you are my inspiration!

A in NS
on 2/9/11 10:05 pm
Awww thanks Ruthann!! 

Weight lost since surgery:

Most Active