snacks

A in NS
on 2/7/11 12:15 pm
What are you all eating for snacks?  I need some low cal snack ideas - I'm doing pretty well with my protein on most days, so it doesn't really even have to be high protein, but low cal & low carb would be great.

I have been having an apple & some cheese or maybe a few nuts (not often because they're pretty costly calorie wise), but I swear, since I started eating fruit & veggies the weight loss has stopped - I mean I know that no one ever got fat from eating apples, but what gives?  Do you think it's coincidence or is it the carbs?  I'm thinking maybe I need to cut out the fruit at least - I would love some feedback though!  Thanks guys!

Weight lost since surgery:

imaybenuts
on 2/7/11 9:36 pm - Canada
ang that is what happens............. im at a stand still also it is very slow...but im ok with it.... snacks..........suck..i cant find any good ones.... i eat the liberty greek withsalsa and g onion and tomatoe and lettuce.... and found a few chips that arent that bad at superstore.... took me forever to read every damn bag of tortilla chips in store...lol

30 lbs lost pre op

A in NS
on 2/8/11 8:34 am
Well, I was reading this fast, and instead of seeing 'liberty greek', I read library geek!!!  lmao  ANYWAY, it really is getting hard to find anything good that's low in carbs & calories  :( 

If you don't mind me asking, how much of a loss have you had per month over the last 3 or 4 months?  I was expecting about 10lbs /month after the first 6 months, but it's looking to be more along the lines of 5lbs /month - which is better than nothing, but I was hoping to be to goal by spring - it's not looking good (my goal is 160 and right now I'm at 187)  I have been trying to mix up my work out routine - M, W & F I lift weights, do cardio and then yoga, and then Tues & Thurs I swim - I walk on the weekends when it's safe to walk up our road & it's not like I have ice cream every day (though I do have it sometimes - a baby cone at the market every now and again).  Sigh!

imaybenuts
on 2/9/11 7:01 am - Canada
that is about it...5 and some months 3.... but its not a gain.......the food gets boring...what do u do?

30 lbs lost pre op

A in NS
on 2/9/11 9:17 am
generally I have a honeycrisp apple with some pumpkin pie spice - but I'm going to start to pay more attention to the carbs again & see if I can get the last 20lbs gone!  :S 

Most Active