Start mushies tomorrow but still nauseated

Kitty1975
on 2/5/11 2:15 am - Canada
I am just a little over four weeks out and i will be starting the puree/mush stage tomorrow. This kind of scares me cause i am still suffering with mild to sometimes severe nausea. If i cant handle liquids i dont know how i am gonna handle anything else? I was started on a PPI (Losec) about two weeks ago and did nothing for me. My doctor told me to start taking two pills instead of one, this was last Thursday. But no help with the nausea yet. Last night i had pain along with the nausea that felt like gall bladder pain but i had mine removed years ago. Was wondering when you should start to really worry about having nausea every day or is this just part of the healing process? It makes it hard lately to get anything down, today i couldnt even stand drinking my protein shake it made me gag every sip. Will be emailing the team on Monday but just wanted to get everyones opinion or see if anyone else dealt with this after surgery?

Thanks
Ginny

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
ruthann49
on 2/5/11 4:59 am - Canada
I haven't had the surgery but sometimes I get nausea when I'm overhungry or I've gone too log without food. Try your mashed food maybe that will help. Hope you are feeling better soon.

A in NS
on 2/6/11 7:07 am
Hid Ginny,
I don't really have any suggestions, but I wanted to let you know we're here to listen...
I would write the team now so it is sitting in the inbox waiting for them on Monday morning - and I would call them Monday morning too.  I have no idea what's causing you problems, but be a squeaky wheel & get them to help you... you must be feeling miserable   :(

Weight lost since surgery:

Kitty1975
on 2/6/11 8:36 am - Canada
I emailed them yesterday and again today. My family doctor called me tonight and suggested i go to out patients tomorrow to see what is going on. Friday night i started with pain along with the nausea i have been having. It went away by Saturday morning but Saturday night it came back with a vengence and it hasnt gone away. It feels like gall bladder pains but i had mine removed years ago. So i dont know whats going on. I was hoping mushies would have help but it hasnt :-( Thanks everyone will keep you updated.

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
DaniDragonfly
on 2/6/11 9:02 pm - Lockhartville, Canada
Hi Ginny;

I think if I were you, I would err on the side of caution and get in to see somebody right away. I have experienced nausea and discomfort ... even the occasional pain, but certainly not chronically, as it would appear you have.

Honestly, you should be chomping at the bit at this stage to get your face around something like real food ... even though you must, must, must be so careful ...

Start calling Dianna first thing today. If you don't get anywhere with her, call Dr Ellsmere's office(473.1886). Diane may be able to direct you with what to do.

Best of luck ... and keep us posted.

D
Kitty1975
on 2/8/11 3:20 am - Canada
Family doctor is sending me for xrays tomorrow but she said it might not pick anything up, so i assume the next step to be ultrasound. She did give me pain meds but use sparingly as she doesnt want to mask the pain she wants to figure out why i am so miserable.

Nausea and pain are there all the time. Just some times its more severe than other times. I emailed the team but all she suggested is i may be eating too much, which ISNT the case cause i dont even get in what i am supposed to. Or perhaps i have an aversion to protein powder but that isnt it cause its there all the time and its with anything i eat or drink.

Either way i hope this is all over soon.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Ginny

A in NS
on 2/8/11 8:38 am
I wonder if they would be able to see more if you did another swallow test (since you're having an x-ray anyway)?  I hope you feel better soon!!!

Kitty1975
on 2/9/11 12:10 am, edited 2/9/11 12:21 am - Canada
Went for xrays and blood work today. Xrays showed up nothing but i now have to get a cat scan done the end of this week. I was supposed to go back to work next weekend but i am off now till March 2nd. :-( I swear this will never end ugh!

ruthann49
on 2/9/11 5:20 am - Canada
I'm sorry you are having such a hard time with it. Sending out big hugs to you!

A in NS
on 2/9/11 9:00 am
Did you start mushies yet or are you staying with the liquid for a while longer?

Most Active