Pick something you want to change about your habits & post it!

A in NS
on 2/1/11 6:05 pm

See below article. Pick something you want to change about yourself and post it right here. You’ll get the benefits of writing it down and making a public commitment. The best time to start is right now.

Tips for Breaking Bad Habits and Developing Good Habits

Weight lost since surgery:

A in NS
on 2/1/11 6:11 pm
Let me start - I'm going to pick 'use a trigger.'  Every time I have head hunger I am going to snap my fingers - If I feel I need to eat something even if I'm not physically hungry, I am first going to say out loud - so everyone can hear me - "I'm going to eat this even though I'm not hungry!"  I don't know if it will help, but it can't hurt!!!  Wish me luck!

sussmack2004
on 2/4/11 1:17 am
Good Day!
I think that your idea of saying out loud that you are going to eat something even though you are not hungry is a fabulous idea, and I hope that you don't mind if I also use it! I have a very hard time sometimes, breaking the habit of eating just to eat. It is certainly not because I am hungry. Perhaps if I start saying it out loud, I will think about it more and make a better decision. I find that I have the really bad habit of eating while I am driving and with my job, I do a lot of driving.
A in NS
on 2/4/11 6:03 am
I hope it will work for us! I think I actually read that in the book "Mindful Eating" (which I must borrow & read again!)  I know I feel kind of silly doing it - especially if my husband is in the room - so then I don't want to do it because I will feel silly...  I have been snapping my fingers a lot too!  I have been using gum to help me out at these times too (I know we're not supposed to but I'm almost 7 months out and it doesn't bother me to chew it at all...). 

A in NS
on 2/4/11 6:04 am
DaniDragonfly
on 2/6/11 9:17 pm, edited 2/6/11 9:18 pm - Lockhartville, Canada
I am going to commit to 30 minutes of exercise every day from today until March 7th. I am VERY spotty with the exercise and I know it is the reason my loss has slowed so terribly in the past month.

I HATE exercising just for the sake of exercising ... but I do remember a time when I enjoyed it, so I am hopeful I can find some happy medium over the next 30 days.

Good luck, ladies ... I hope your plan works. Sussmack, when I gave up smoking (over 8 years ago) one of my triggers for wanting a cigarette was driving. The very first thing I did when wanting to quit was to make a rule for no smoking in the car. It helped so much.

If I might make a suggestion, try making that rule for eating. I know it will be an adjustment, but even when you are eating a meal that is filling your need for nutrition, eat it outside of your car.

(I did this some time ago with drive thru food - I NEVER allowed myself to eat it in the car and it made me more accountable ... thus keeping me from eating it much)

Best of luck!

D
Most Active