supper suggestions?

imaybenuts
on 1/25/11 11:12 pm - Canada
having a time with super meals lately....
if u where having ham .... what would u have with it?
any casserol ideas..?
U GUYS MUST HAVE SOME FAVS
ANYTHINGGGGGGGGGG??????? I NEEED SOMETHING DELISH.

30 lbs lost pre op

kimberleyann
on 1/26/11 1:21 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
can u eat sweet potatoes? They are full of fiber and antioxidants and loads of good stuff. The natural sweetnes will pair with ham very well. easy to do bake in oven till soft, remove from skins and mash, a small bit of olive oil to help body absorb the goodnes is all I use, I find they don't need anything else.

A in NS
on 1/26/11 5:25 am
I like the sweet potatoes too - and LOVE the home made SP fries (cut up, toss in a little EVOO & bake) - yum!  They are a bit high in carbs though so watch it with them...  I have been having a hard time too!  I eat a lot of cranberries with cinnamon & orange peel - yummy...  That's what I've been eating lately so I'm looking for some new ideas too!  Hey I did try 'faux-tatoes' a while back - you boil cauliflower until tender and then drain it and blend it up with a stick blender thingy, then add whatever spices you would add to potatoes - it's pretty good!  I also got a long skinny zucchini and sliced it up into thin round pieces and coated them in flax seed & sesame seeds with about a tablespoon of bread crumbs and spread them out on a pan and baked them - they were really good too!  Thanks for posting this - I forgot about those!!!  lol

Weight lost since surgery:

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/11 9:07 am - Canada
Not sure if you would like this but I made it the other night and I really enjoyed it.
Cut up 2 chicken breasts and cook them in a saucepan.  Once the chicken is cooked, add fresh mushrooms, green pepper and zuchini.  Cook that for a few mins and add sweet and sour sauce and some cashews.

A in NS
on 1/26/11 10:54 am
That sounds GOOD!!  What kind of sweet & sour sauce do you use?

(deactivated member)
on 1/27/11 10:22 am - Canada

I just used the VH Sweet and Sour Sauce.  I didn't really pay any attention to calorie counts or anything.

A in NS
on 2/17/11 11:41 pm
Take a portabello mushroom top and use it as the base for mini-pizza - YUMO!  wa**** turn it upside down, put a little tomato sauce, pizza spice, and whatever else you like on your pizza & bake it like you would regular pizza - it's really good!  :))

Most Active