Who woulda thunk it!?

A in NS
on 1/25/11 10:52 am
I am thinking about entering a marathon!  You can run or walk - there is a 5k, 10k, half marathon (21k) and full marathon (42k) - I'm thinking I will enter the 5k and probably do a mix of walking & running...  I can walk it, but not sure how much I can run (ok, let's get real here - not run, but jog/jiggle!)  It's the Blue Nose Marathon in Halifax this May for Team Diabetes.  I'm thinking it will give me a goal & something to think about other than the last 20 or 30 lbs I have to lose PLUS it will raise money for a good cause - you have to raise $395 to enter the marathon.  As an added bonus they give you a trainer from 'The Running Room' in Halifax (but you can do it on line too).  Any thoughts?  Anyone want to enter along with me?  Anyone want to tell me how foolish I am for even considering it??  lol

Weight lost since surgery:

jacquelinemac
on 1/25/11 7:19 pm - stellarton, Canada
You go girl maybe next year i`ll join  you . Are you foolish   certainly not   your an inspiration(  i know i spelled that wrong)  to me  if i can i`ll go just to cheer you on   jacqueline
A in NS
on 1/25/11 7:50 pm
Awww thanks Jacqueline!   OK, maybe I'll do it this year and then next year you join me - it's a date!!  :))  BTW, I don't care about the spelling, but if you do there is a spell check here when you write a message it's the little block with the check mark and the 'ABC' written on it  :))

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/11 8:04 pm - Canada
Not foolish at all!! 

I just registered last night for the 10k, I did it last year and two years before that.  Last year I improved my time by 25 mins and did the 10k in under 2 hours.  I walked all of it last year but now I am doing a Learn to Run program on my ipod so I will be running some of it this year.  I doubt I will be able to run all of it but I will be able to run at least half.
I can run 8 mins now without stopping. 
coreena691
on 1/25/11 10:58 pm, edited 1/26/11 12:11 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
Oakley,

That's fantastic that you're doing the 10K and going to run part of it (I'm thinking of doing the 10K too)!!!  
Right now, I'm lucky if I can run to the next telephone pole...........gotta get lots of practice  and build up my endurance to do my first Marathon!!! 
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

A in NS
on 1/26/11 6:10 am
Wow that's AWESOME!!  Fast too!!  :))  Who did you sign up through?  Where did you find the program for your ipod?  That's very impressive - congrats!!!  :)

Debbie T.
on 1/25/11 8:06 pm - Canada
Way to go everyone. I think I will take a pass on it but good luck!!!!
Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
imaybenuts
on 1/25/11 9:38 pm - Canada
WOW GOOD FOR U GUYS! super work..... im lucky to drag myself to treadmill or zumba....applause to you guys! here is a big WHOOOOOOOOOOOP WHOOOOOOOOOP

30 lbs lost pre op

Kitty1975
on 1/25/11 10:32 pm - Canada
Thats awesome not foolish at all. I will join you next year its way too early after surgery but count me in next year! Have fun!

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
A in NS
on 1/26/11 6:20 am
For sure - we will be able to have our own team next year!!  :)

Most Active