Reminder: OWLSS group meeting - this Monday Night!

coreena691
on 2/25/11 10:29 pm - Beaver Bank, Canada
OWLSS (Obesity Weight Loss Surgery Support) Group

Hi everyone!

Just a reminder that we're having our monthly meeting for HRM on Monday night again at the Lr. Sackville Sobeys location in their Community Room.  (7-9pm)

Everyone is welcome and it's an open floor night to discuss your journey and any specific issues you need to cover.  We're here to give you the support!!!

Hope to see you there!

Coreena

VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

ruthann49
on 2/25/11 10:40 pm - Canada
Thanks again Coreena for all your work! Do you usually get a good turnout? I'm a little disappointed we don't have a very active forum here in NS.With all the people on the waiting list there must be somone having surgery out there!!  I check on here most days to see if there is any new posts but it's been very quiet. The VSG forum is very helpful but I'd like to read more from Nova Scotians! Your new  "do"is amazing by the way!

coreena691
on 2/25/11 10:47 pm - Beaver Bank, Canada
Thanks Ruthann, the new "do" was needed to keep me feeling fun & active during the winter blahs!

We usually have around 10-12 members, but the winter months play havoc on attendance. 
You're right, this forum is a wee too quiet for all the people who have had or are waiting to have surgery.

When I had my surgery in 1991, I was literally on my own, no internet, no support groups, and sure do wish these things were available to make that journey a little more pleasurable!  

I don't respond a lot on our OH NS forum here as I'm an oldie and can't give many suggestions to the new clinic or procedure (Gastric Sleeve), so I leave that for others.  But life after surgery, well I try to be active in this area.  

Cheers,
Coreena
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

Most Active