Where is everyone??

ruthann49
on 1/24/11 9:50 am - Canada
OK I know there must be someone out there who is soon to have surgery or just had surgery! We need all the info both the good and bad.The waiting list is very long so there must be someone having surgery. Please post soon!

Kitty1975
on 1/24/11 10:27 am - Canada
I am still dealing with my nausea praying that it goes away soon. :-(

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
ruthann49
on 1/24/11 6:48 pm - Canada
Sorry to hear that Kitty. When do you go for your next check up? Every day will get brighter!

imaybenuts
on 1/24/11 9:52 pm - Canada
i know of someone from amherst that had operation last month...went to meeting last march.... could of had operation on oct..but work prohibitited her from going..... thats all i know...sorry

30 lbs lost pre op

imaybenuts
on 1/24/11 9:53 pm - Canada
WHAT DO U NEED TO KNOW? MAYBE I CAN HELP?

30 lbs lost pre op

Kitty1975
on 1/24/11 10:32 pm - Canada
My check up with the team is Feb 16th and i go see Dr Ellsmere on Feb 17th.

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
ruthann49
on 1/25/11 5:24 am - Canada
I find reading other people's experiences helpful such as what they ate after surgery, what problems to expect etc. I go on the Ontario forum alot but most people have had RNY in that Province. Do you experience hair loss with this surgery?

Thinking of you Kitty hoping you are feeling better!

imaybenuts
on 1/25/11 6:06 am - Canada
ya i had hair loss... just starting to grow back now...it wasnt too bad though just really thin.... i had a really hard time drinking .... still cant drink the way i use to... and myself that was the hardest part of whole operation..... i can eat anything...ive never been sick. potatoes.... are really heavy.... make me feel a little uncomfortable.... so i dont usually eat them...havent touched cream soup since liquid diet..i was on it for soo long that i hate them...lol..ieat alot of chicken,turkey fish..pita pizzas,slad,chilli, yogart fruit, still trying to find diff recipes .i fight to exercise i hate it...alot! but i do it...did i mention i hate it.....? i find i really am boney...but still ffat..lol when i sit in tub my ass has no cushion so its boney.... my boobs are like torpedos that are pointing to blow up the floor....ASK ME IF I HAVE ANY REGRETS AND WOULD I DO IT AGAIN....HELL YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FEEL GREAT..IM STILL NOT SMALL BUT I AM HAPPY.. IF I STAY THIS SIZE I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER!

30 lbs lost pre op

A in NS
on 1/25/11 10:38 am
"my boobs are like torpedos that are pointing to blow up the floor...." 

LMAO!!!!   
Thanks - I needed that!!!  lol

Weight lost since surgery:

ruthann49
on 1/25/11 8:00 am - Canada
Thanks for the info nuts, it's good to know the good and the bad! Did you really wait 8 years before they called you? I thought I read that somewhere, I hope I read it wrong.I'm 49 now and I can't wait 8 years!!  I joined WW last week and lost one measley pound.It's all about money now with that program.There used to be a free slider to figure out your points now they have changed the whole point system and you have to buy a calculator to figure it out.Anyway I'll keep on trying I swear the whole town of Amherst has joined lol . My husband was going to join with me but took one look at all those woman and left!! haha
Before joining this forum I had given up on my dream of being"normal" but now I have hope that this surgery will be the right tool to help.
Anyway have a good week and keep in touch.

Most Active