New Year's Resolutions!

Dahtzie
on 1/23/11 5:08 am - Elmsdale, Canada
Did anyone adopt a New Year's resolution with your weight in mind?

I have been referred for VSG but have not heard anything.  I thought for New Year's I would try to adopt something so I decided to stop drinking pop.  So since January 1, I have had no pop...no diet pepsi **sigh**...no diet coke **sigh**

I've adding sparkling water with either a splash of sugar free kool-aid or crystal light to it.  I get the bubbles and still get the water.

So, did anyone adopt a resolution? 
Can anyone suggest anything else to add to my liquid repetoire?

ruthann49
on 1/23/11 5:46 am - Canada
Hi Dahtzie,

It's so good to see a new post on here!! I thought everyone was hibernating!!  I joined WW (for the 6th time) since I don't expect to hear anything for a while either. I'm trying to eat healthy and cut out nighttime eating. I plan on trying some of the protein drinks so I 'll know what to get when the time comes.I'm also getting my binder together and learning as much as I can. Good for you for cutting out pop! My downfall is coffee and I'm not ready to give that up yet!

Have a great week!

CaperGal
on 1/23/11 7:07 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
hi, I am proud to say that I gave up Pepsi on Mar. 1st. 2010 when I left the 1st. meeting in Halifax. They said to stop drinking all pop but esp. pepsi and coke and diet pepsi and diet coke. Dark pop is so bad for you. I would drink gingerale and orange or 7up but I got off all pop last summer.

I decided to try the boost and ensure and I find it to be good. And something I never ate before, yogurt, I put about 2 cups of ice in a blender add the boost and yogurt and protein powder and blend and drink. It makes quite a bit and it counts as 3 cups of fluids. I sometimes add a banana or frozen berries too.

You could try different kinds of boost or ensure or whatever to see which ones you will be drinking after and before your operation. I know everyone says they don't like it but you can try it and make it your own way. I drink sugarfree juice too. and water.
A in NS
on 1/23/11 7:13 am
Before I had surgery I cut out everything white - bread, sugar & pasta - and replaced it all with whole wheat.  I find the trick is replacing the stuff you eat everyday with healthier things that still taste good - let's face it, if it doesn't taste good we won't do it for long! 

We had a protein shake tasting at one of our support group meetings   :)

Weight lost since surgery:

kimberleyann
on 1/23/11 8:45 pm - Kingston, NS, Canada

I am waiting to see my Doc to get my referral, but am inspired by the people on this forum. I too have cut back hugely on my Diet Pepsi consumption, from 4 or more cans a day to 1 maybe once a week. And even then I start a can and usually don't fini**** We have gone low sodium, no salt and added way more veggies to our diet. My hubby is a normal weight and active so for him it is about maintaining his "figure" as he puts it LOL. The intent is not so much to change diet right now in the New Year as it is to add more exercise. But after a 8 hour work day on my feet and up and down stairs by the end of day I am too tired and sore to do too much. My hubby gave me a Wii fit for my Birthday early Jan so I am doing Wii fitness evenings about 30-40 minutes. I hope as weight comes off exercise gets easier and or more enjoyable. And once winter is done can get out and do hike at Cape Split. 

Most Active