Exercising?

Kitty1975
on 1/14/11 1:48 am - Canada
I am only a little over a week out and havent had the energy or the get up and go to exercise yet. I figure its still a bit early anyways. BUT how long were you before you could start exercising? Nothing big just going for walks etc?

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
(deactivated member)
on 1/14/11 7:48 am - Canada
I had surgery on a Tuesday  and was walking short distances on the weekend. 

You should really try some short walks.  You can do it!!
Kitty1975
on 1/14/11 10:06 am - Canada
Aww thats awesome. Just didnt wanna push myself too much yet but walking never hurts. Its about the only exercise i enjoy besides swimming. I do have an elliptical and a cardio twist machine to use when the weather is bad.

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
A in NS
on 1/15/11 7:32 am
I was out walking pretty soon after too - just stick close to the house or go to a mall where you can sit if you need to.  :)

Weight lost since surgery:

(deactivated member)
on 1/16/11 8:18 pm - Canada
I would stick with walking.  I wouldn't try your elliptical or twist machine just yet.
imaybenuts
on 1/25/11 10:46 pm - Canada
i didnt do anything till about a month or sooo out...i was tooooooo tired

30 lbs lost pre op

coreena691
on 1/25/11 11:01 pm - Beaver Bank, Canada
I started walking short distances and gradually went further by the end of my first week home.  Take it easy and listen to your body, it will tell you when you've had enough.  Angie gave a great idea to go to a park or mall where there's benches to take breaks.  Main thing is don't overdo it! 

You're on you way girl!!!! 
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

Most Active