Yet another Newbie

kimberleyann
on 1/9/11 9:48 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
 Hello fellow Nova Scotians. I have finally after lurking on this forum gotten up the courage to go ahead and ask for a referral from my Doctor. After 20+ years of battling my weight up to 310lbs I have finally admitted to myself that I can't do this by myself. Thankfully I have a very supportive husband who just wants me to be healthy so we can live on into old age together. I look forward to reading and participating in this forum and to the next step in my life. I would welcome friend requests and look forward to learning from all your experiences.

A in NS
on 1/9/11 11:15 am
Hi Kimberleyann,
Glad you decided to stop lurking in the shadows & come out & join us!!  :)  It's a great place to ask questions and meet some really great people...  Welcome! 

Weight lost since surgery:

Carly ~
on 1/9/11 2:51 pm
Welcome to the Forums, and welcome to the beginning of your journey to a wonderful, new, healthy lifestyle : )
DaniDragonfly
on 1/9/11 10:40 pm - Lockhartville, Canada
Welcome Kimberleyann!

Congrats on making this important (and very brave) first step. I am in the Valley, too - and would be super happy to have a bariatric buddy in my area! My personal email is [email protected] if you would like to touch base with me.

Very best of luck! I will send a friend request.
D

Andrea S.
on 1/11/11 3:58 am - New Waterford, Canada
Welcome!!! I am fairly new as well and I LOVE this Forum!!! Everyone has been so nice and open with thier experinces. I have learned sooo much! My referral was made in November!!!! I will send a frind request!
 Angie from the Cape!
Debbie T.
on 1/11/11 8:28 am - Canada
Welcome Kimberlyann
Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
kimberleyann
on 1/11/11 10:32 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
Thanks for the warm welcome and the friend requests.  I am compiling as list of my weight history, diet and exercise history and a list of heath issues I believe are the result of my obesity.  I hope to well armed with data for my appointment in the morning.  Any other things I should have on hand to give my doctor in order to get a referral?  I am nervous about just asking, Goodness how will I feel if I get approved.

A in NS
on 1/11/11 9:01 pm
This is the info they give you to print off for your binder for weight loss surgery - in there somewhere is the info for your Dr. to send them a referral (fax number I think) - it might speed things up for you if you provide the info to your family doc  :)
http://www.cdha.nshealth.ca/default.aspx?page=SubPage¢er Content.Id.0=61088&category.Categories.1=112

Weight lost since surgery:

Most Active