Truro and area support group meetings - your input is needed!

A in NS
on 1/6/11 5:55 am
I liked Coreena's idea of having the meetings at the Sobey's community room - it's a central location, it's free and it's easier to find than my house (it's just off the highway!).  So I called today and we can have basically whatever weekends we want, so I'm thinking we will give it a try for the upcoming meeting and see what we think... 

The only date that's good for me this month is Sunday, Jan 23 - if that isn't good for everyone we will have to look at a February meeting.  Please let me know asap so I can book the community room at Sobeys on Robie St., Truro

Thanks,
Angie

Weight lost since surgery:

jacquelinemac
on 1/7/11 12:24 am - stellarton, Canada
sounds good to me maybe we could think about getting guest speakers to comne in to talk about issues we have jacqueline
A in NS
on 1/7/11 12:49 am
Sounds like a plan - I'm not sure how many we can get without paying them though...  I already asked my dietitian from the hospital but she was hesitant because she isn't an expert in WLS & didn't want to give any incorrect info...  Maybe I could get a trainer from the gym...  Any ideas?

Weight lost since surgery:

MargeD
on 1/9/11 2:50 am
Happy New Year Angie,
January 23rd if good for me if that is OK with everyone else.   Also, someone from your gym sounds great if it can be arranged on that short of notice.    Keep us posted and thanks for all your efforts.   Marge
coreena691
on 1/9/11 12:19 pm - Beaver Bank, Canada
Way to go Angie!!!  The  dietitian for Sobeys will do presentations for your group if you are non-profit.  Also check around for personal trainers, etc.  Careful with GL though, their PTs are a little pushy for recruiting new members.  We're working with other gym owners to be our guests.

Hope you get a good turnout. 
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

Most Active