Post Holiday/Back to Work

DaniDragonfly
on 1/2/11 10:39 pm - Lockhartville, Canada
Christmas was pretty good.

My family was here and, much to my dismay, were less than supportive of my new lifestyle. I found it very upsetting. I did okay until boxing day and then I 'lost my ****' all over the place. Thankfully, it was only my super hero husband that witnessed it (so I didn't make an ass outta myself in front of the rest of them) ... then I locked myself in the bathroom (bath tub) and cried for an hour and a half.

Honestly, I am so disappointed in them. I'm talking my mother and two sisters - that should bloody know better. They were shoveling food into themselves so fast I thought they might choke ... I woke up boxing day morning to my dining table covered in chocolate wrappers and my good martini glasses used as candy dishes ... argh! (and who do you think got to clean all of that up?) I think the worst thing was that if they saw me put ANYTHING in my mouth, they were all over me about it... and I'm talking ANYTHING. I put cranberry juice on ice in a pretty glass so I didn't feel so left out and all three of them stopped me and insisted on smelling my glass.

They're lucky I didn't pound them into dust.

The worst thing I did was have two pieces of bacon with breakfast and I had a glass of wine before Christmas dinner (but in my defense it was so I wouldn't strangle my little sister for being a selfish little sookie baby).

Time with my family in close quarters REQUIRES the addition of a little alcohol.

Otherwise, all is well ... didn't gain and I'm down another 4 pounds! Back to work tomorrow after 7 weeks off - NOT looking forward to that. I am 54 lbs lighter than I was when I left ... I doubt my boss will notice, as it does not involve him ... I wonder if anyone else will? I know I am certainly looking forward to a pay cheque! I STILL have not received a dime from EI ... that system SUCKS!

My best friend came on New Year's Eve day and nearly fell over, she was so shocked at how much I had changed (She hadn't seen me since the day after my surgery when she visited the hospital). She's really the first person that hadn't seen me in a while - so it was really nice to have such a reaction out of her.

I plan to try and get some photos up at some point ... my camera had been broken, so I didn't get pre surgery pics, but I think I have a few fatties around that I can find to post as before's.

I know my size 20 jeans are already looking pretty loose - that makes me giddy.

Happy New Year to all of you - may 2011 bring health and happiness to you all ... my sisters from other mothers!

D

Debbie T.
on 1/2/11 11:02 pm - Canada
It can be so hard when we get mixed messages from family members. Congrats for your loss over the holiday season. I did not reallyt lose any but did not gain either while on two weeks of vacation in Florida.  JUst remember where you will be next year this time. Keep on trucking Dani.
Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
ruthann49
on 1/3/11 3:29 am - Canada
It sounds like your mother and sister are dealing with some jealousy issues! Keep thinking positive and keep only postive people around you. All that negative energy is bad for you. Once you get back to work for a couple of days you will feel better! Get used to all the compliments!!

Happy New year D and the best is yet to come!
A in NS
on 1/3/11 5:06 am
It sucks when people choose to be a pain in the a**!!  I don't know why people can't just live & let live without making extra work and temptation for others - my sister gave us cookies for Christmas - COOKIES!!!  C'mon!!!  Oh well - it is what it is - and look at it this way - it's over for another year  :))

Wow - 54 lbs - that's awesome!!  I have been playing with the same 2 lbs for the last couple of weeks - between 189 & 191 - I guess it's time to kick it up a notch....  My motivation seems to have left me for the holidays - hopefully it will come back tomorrow!!! 

Weight lost since surgery:

sussmack2004
on 1/3/11 5:37 am
As "they" say....you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family!!!! Fortunately you have a "super hero husband" who is there for YOU!
I am lucky and have a supportive family most of the time.  I come from a family of overweight folks.  They are very supportive of my weight loss but not so sure about the surgery....but oh well, I will do what I will do for myself, not for anyone else. 
Congratulations on the weight loss, 54 lbs is amazing and to keep losing through the holidays is huge in my eyes. 

I cannot believe that ANYONE would give you cookies for Christmas!! That is just wrong, but it takes all kinds!

Happy New Year to everyone and all the best for 2011

coreena691
on 1/3/11 9:12 pm - Beaver Bank, Canada
I can add that through all these years, I've learned that people whether friends, family or foe, their jealousy is widespread.  Some people just can't accept to see others succeed or acheive success with a healthier life.  To make up for their own poor behavior they will say and do things to make theirselves look better.

I just keep this fresh in my mind to their ignorance and tell myself this person "is in denial of their own behavior and is trying to beat me down to make theirselves feel better".  ...It's just like the forever repeated and old line, "surgery is the EASY way out"!! 

Best solution is to smile and say, "I'm doing what is best for my body & health" and continue with what you need to do.  Do not cave in to their bad habits.....an addict's best friend is another addict.  And enablers are the worst!

Happy New Year to you as well and enjoy your journey in 2011!!!
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

Most Active