Thyroid

Kitty1975
on 12/23/10 2:44 am - Canada
So i just got a call from Dr Ellesmere's office saying that the trouble with my thryoid might put my surgery on hold. That she wasnt sure yet but to go ahead with my liquid diet anyways. *surgery is supposed to be Jan 6th* This makes me upset first off i need to get this surgery done and over with, second if i have to go through all that liquid diet for nothing :-( 

Not a happy camper
Ginny
*sighs*

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
ruthann49
on 12/23/10 5:07 am - Canada
OMG That's terrible to put you in limbo like that! Did they say when they will know for sure?? Hang in there Ginny!
Kitty1975
on 12/23/10 8:01 am - Canada
She just said she will call me in the new year that it may have to be a last minute thing to put me on hold. Grrr!

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
CaperGal
on 12/23/10 10:32 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
I know how you feel. Same thing with me only mine is my Spleen. It sucks when you get so close and than all hope gets dashed. Especially when you are on liguids for so long. All I had to do when my thyroid was out of wack was go on synthroid. That was a few years ago. Lots of my family members are on it. So maybe that is all you need. Didn't your own Doctor know this? It should have showed up in your blood work. Anyway don't get too down and enjoy your Christmas and New Years.
Kitty1975
on 12/23/10 10:49 am, edited 12/23/10 10:50 am - Canada
Aww thanks Capergirl. Well the bad thing is i had my ultra sound about 3 weeks ago now. Called my family doctor a few times for the results and she didnt return my call. STILL hasnt returned my call. I have an appointment with her next week for my yearly check up and she probably still wont tell me unless i ask. Grrrrrrrrrrr! My thryoid is swollen bad so they wanna do a biopsy just to be safe. Hopefully i wont need surgery there first. But what  happens happens i guess

Have a great Christmas though :-D I will stop being bah humbug.haha

DaniDragonfly
on 1/2/11 10:09 pm - Lockhartville, Canada
I know that minutes feel like hours and days feel like weeks before the surgery ... I would have lost my mind if I had been post poned ... but you need to be healthy to have this procedure - the surgery isn't a small thing (I made the mistake of thinking that beforehand).

I sincerely hope things work out for you.
Most Active