Stairs?

Kitty1975
on 12/19/10 7:20 pm - Canada
Was wondering that if after surgery anyone had troubles with stairs? The reason i ask is cause after surgery  i will be sleeping in the lazy boy which is on the main floor and our bathroom is on the second? I wont have anyone to look after me after surgery cause i live at home with the parents. Mom has back problems and my dads job takes him away a month at a time. Also my boyfriend lives 2hrs away and doesnt drive. So was wondering how much stairs are gonna be a problem to me?

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
(deactivated member)
on 12/19/10 8:30 pm - Canada
I don't think stairs are going to be a problem.  They weren't for me.
I slept in my bed just fine too.
I didnt' need much help at my place, just getting the dog food bag in the house and my jug for the water cooler. 
The one thing I needed help with the most was my dog.  She can be pretty hard to handle so she stayed with my parents for a week.  I stayed with them for a few nights then I started going home at night. Then only a few nights later I took her back home with me.  Her face was so sad when I would go home and leave her there.  She didn't know why. 
Mary C.
on 12/20/10 12:52 am - Glovertown, Canada
Hi - stairs shouldn't be a problem - I have lots in my place. Even after my open emergency hernia surgery last summer - I had no trouble with stairs. Just take your time. I also slept in my own bed - lots of pillows to rest an arm or leg on etc. Getting in and out of bed is a challenge at first - but you WILL have to move around and get your body used to it's new condition - as an RN -I have seen people tend to really minimize moving about because of pain/discomfort. But - getting up and moving around - within reason of course - is benificial in so many ways. Good luck!

A in NS
on 12/20/10 4:32 am

I didn't have any problem with stairs or my regular bed either  :)

Weight lost since surgery:

Kitty1975
on 12/21/10 9:12 am - Canada
Aww you guys rock thanks so much for the info. Guess where ithe date is getting closer i am a bit paraoid.lol I dont have a dog but i do a cat which arent as much work as dogs

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
Most Active