What are the chances/reasons of being rejected for surgery?

Andrea S.
on 12/17/10 12:21 pm - New Waterford, Canada
Just wondering if anyone knows why one would be rejected for surgery. My referral was made on the 16th of November, what is the estiated time to get called for the group session? I am excited and anxious at the same time...I know, I have a long wait, just anticipating that I can get the surgery is sooo exciting for me. It's been a life long battle with this weight, I really have y hopes set on this surgery!!!!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a Healthy and Happy New Year!

Andrea
 Angie from the Cape!
ruthann49
on 12/17/10 8:17 pm - Canada
Hi Andrea,

I was just referred last week so I know what you are feeling If yougo back and look at old postes you will learn alot. I think the more problems such as high bloodpressure, diabetes etc. the better.If you are healthy it will be a longer wait! In the mean time I'm going to try WW again (for the 6th time) Try to put it out of your mind for now and enjoy the holidays!
Andrea S.
on 12/18/10 12:58 pm - New Waterford, Canada
Thanks. Good luck with WW, I was a regular!!!! I checked out the web site, tons of info!!!!
 Angie from the Cape!
ruthann49
on 12/17/10 8:35 pm - Canada
Oh I forgot to mention . Have you been on the NS Capital Health website? There's tons of information about the surgery and the stages of diets pre and post surgery.
A in NS
on 12/17/10 8:40 pm
I don't know what you would be rejected for but the guidlines are listed on the capital health site:

http://www.cdha.nshealth.ca/default.aspx?page=SubPage¢er Content.Id.0=61088&category.Categories.1=112

Thanks for the Christmas & New Year wishes - back at ya!! 

Weight lost since surgery:

Andrea S.
on 12/18/10 1:00 pm - New Waterford, Canada
Thanks for the info...great site!!!!
 Angie from the Cape!
DaniDragonfly
on 12/21/10 12:34 am - Lockhartville, Canada
Don't expect any answer on your referral for a while. The co-morbidities weren't a factor for me ... I was pushed through pretty quick (I honestly think it was because I was as healthy as I was)

Just as a time line, my referral went in at the end of Sept 09 and I wasn't contacted until Feb 10 for the March session. But I had my sleeve done on the 16th of Nov ... be patient ... hang in and try to stay positive (I know how hard it is ... hasn't been so long for me). It'll happen.

Best of luck to you - enjoy the holiday!

D

Andrea S.
on 12/22/10 11:34 am - New Waterford, Canada
Thanks D for the encouragement!!!! So 5 months before you were contacted...not bad! The actual wait for the surgery is WOW! I am glad the process has started. Take good care! Happy Holidays!
 Angie from the Cape!
Most Active