Pre-op appointment and surgery date

Kitty1975
on 12/15/10 10:49 pm - Canada
So got my call today that my surgery will be January 6th! Meaning my pre op appointment date is the 20th of this month. I guess it will be a great start to a new year. I know theres other threads about what happens at the pre op but i was wondering what all that entails? I am sure its a few hour appointment?

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
CaperGal
on 12/16/10 5:17 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
Congrats on your date. a great start of the new year and a whole new you.

When I went for my pre-op I had to fill out a paper with questions medical. Then I had my EKG done and my blood work. Than I was taken into a room to talk to a nurse. She asked me so many questions about myself and my medical history. Every surgery, meds and allergies. Took a long time to do all this. After this I saw the lady doctor that puts you to sleep. She goes over everything with you like what meds you take the day of surgery.If I was allergic to any meds.That was it.

Except that, that is far as I got cos they had to find out why I had received 4 units of blood in a month and a half. So now I am in a holding place.lol I have to see another doctor in Halifax about that.They think it is my spleen.

Anyway that is all I can remember. It took a little over 3 hours for me. I hope that helped you.
A in NS
on 12/16/10 7:06 am
Woohoo!!  That's just a couple of weeks - how exciting! 

My pre-op experience was pretty much the same as Capergal - but mine took longer 

Weight lost since surgery:

ruthann49
on 12/16/10 7:24 am - Canada
Wow you must be so excited to have your date! Happy New Year to you!
Debbie T.
on 12/16/10 8:58 am - Canada
Fabulous news
Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
maryja
on 12/16/10 2:58 pm - NS, Canada
Congratulations Kitty!  what a great way to start 2011!! :)

All the best,

MJ :)
MJ
coreena691
on 12/16/10 10:21 pm - Beaver Bank, Canada
Congrats!  Looks like 2011 will be YOUR YEAR!!!!  How great, with the holidays happening, it'll fly by so fast and you'll have other things to take your mind off the wait time.  Best of luck!!!!
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

Kitty1975
on 12/16/10 10:22 pm - Canada
Thanks everyone! And thanks for the info guess i will be prepared for a long day at the hospital. Not that it should matter i do that days anyways since i work in one.lol

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
Most Active