Surgery On Tues

mlm105
on 12/11/10 9:58 am - Mainland,NS, Canada
Hey All,

Well Tuesday is the big day for my surgery.Gotta admit I am a little bit nervous but excited.I do have a reaction to anasthetic so I am nervous about that. looking forward to this surgery though.
I know the exact time of my surgery Tues.

The whole procedure lasts about  1 hour  does it ? How long were you in recovery for ?

Debbie T.
on 12/11/10 8:06 pm - Canada
Congrats on the big day being so close. I don't know how long I was in recovery. It was a bit foggy.
Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
A in NS
on 12/11/10 9:36 pm
That's great!  You will love it  :)  Make sure you take your binder with you so you can read it over if you get foggy on what you're supposed to be doing - the nurses don't seem to be all that familiar with what you should be doing/eating/drinking after wls & will sometimes bring you stuff you shouldn't have, so if you know what you should & shouldn't be swallowing you will feel more confident and at ease (btw, I'm not saying the nurses are bad, but I don't think they get a lot of training in wls).  Make sure you get up and get the blood circulating asap and don't be afraid to ask for pain meds or whatever when/if you need them  :) 

I don't know how long I was in recovery either - too many drugs!!  lol  It wasn't as bad as I had myself prepared for though - for having a major surgery & having 85% of my stomach removed, I felt great!!

Good luck & let us know if there is anything you need! 

Weight lost since surgery:

ruthann49
on 12/11/10 10:41 pm - Canada
Congrats on your surgery date! How long was your wait from the time you were referred from your family doctor?

Best of luck to you and keep us posted!
CaperGal
on 12/11/10 11:15 pm - Sydney Mines, Canada

It will be great u just wait and see. I should be hearing soon on what they r going to do with me about my spleen but hopefully Santa will bring some good news for me.

I will give you a call when I know you r up to it. Take care of yourself.

Kitty1975
on 12/12/10 9:05 am - Canada
Thats awesome Mel cant wait to join you on the loser bench.

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
A in NS
on 12/13/10 10:05 am
Wow that went by quickly!!  Good luck tomorrow - we will all be thinking of you - let us know when you're back home & sleeved!!!  

coreena691
on 12/13/10 11:53 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
Wishing you best of luck tomorrow and welcome to the world of WLS!!!!!  Sending healing wishes your way.  Let us know how you're coping as soon as you feel up to it! 
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

mlm105
on 12/15/10 1:53 am - Mainland,NS, Canada
 hy alln
I'm messaging from the hospital on my bb. got out of surgery yesterday all went ok. today is a hard day  trying to get the hourly water in. am ver nauseous. oping it all better soonh
A in NS
on 12/15/10 9:10 am
you could be still feeling sickly from the drugs - don't be afraid to ask for some gravol...

Most Active