5 month surgiversary

A in NS
on 12/12/10 8:48 pm

I was sleeved on July 13/10 & as of this morning I have lost 74.6 lbs!!  My heaviest weight was 360lbs but I lost 90 lbs pre op (took me 3 years) which put me at 270 at the time of my surgery and now I'm down to 195.4 lbs - that's a total loss of 164.6 lbs - I really don't know how I carried it all - talk about a weight being lifted, both physically & mentally!  I am so grateful for this sleeve!!  I weighed 195 in 1999 but is was for a very brief period before I gained back the weight I had lost & kept gaining up to 360 lbs.  I weighed 175 or 180 in my early 20's (again, for a brief period of time) and I'm looking forward to getting back there again, and STAYING there this time!!!

According to my body fat % and lean muscle mass my ideal weight (without losing the muscle I've been working so hard to build up) would be between 160 & 180 lbs so I think I will get to 180 and then decide if that's where I want to be or if I want to go lower.  BTW, if I weighed 160, my BMI would be 28.3, which would be overweight and if I weighed 180 I would still be obese.  To be at the very highest end of a "healthy" BMI I would have to weigh 140 - that would mean losing 20 lbs of muscle - which isn't all that 'healthy'!  

I am way more confident & I don't feel like everyone is staring at me anymore  :)  I'm adding some more veggies back into my diet but even with them I tend to try to find ones that are lower in carbs - I'm loving cranberries with my chicken lately.  I'm off all prescription medications (for high BP & type II Diabetes) and my cholesterol is slowly improving too (I was never on meds for cholesterol).  I do still use the C-Pap for sleep apnea but I've recently found out that I have a deviated septum & some other stuff going on, so I don't know if I will ever get rid of that...

I now go to the gym at least 3 times per week (never belonged to a gym before!) and I walk a minimum of 3km/day most days (and sometimes up to 10km - depending on what else I've done that day & what I have time for).  I get a surplus of water in most days & at least 60 grams of protein - but mostly more like 80g.  I keep my calories around 600 - 800 & carbs below 40 g/day.  It does help to have a husband who is on the exact same page!! 

As always if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask! 

Weight lost since surgery:

Debbie T.
on 12/13/10 12:58 am - Canada
Way to go Angie
Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
A in NS
on 12/13/10 9:22 pm
Thanks Debbie - Your doing an amazing job!  Let us know when you hit 100lbs lost!  :))

coreena691
on 12/13/10 1:48 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
(((HUGS))) Angie!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing and giving us all that update....it's so promising for all the newbies to know what's just around the corner for them.

You are doing a fantastic job and I appreciate your continuous involvement with this group on OH.....you're such a doll and deserve nothing but happiness and loving the new you (oh yeah, and Jeff too)!!!  LMAO!

Keep up the success and be prepared for more staring.....at a SEXY WOMAN, cuz you're lookin' Hawt!!!!!! 

VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

CaperGal
on 12/13/10 3:47 am - Sydney Mines, Canada

way to go Angie. Hoping to see some more after pictures soon. You are so lucky to have Jeff going through the same thing with you. keep it up girl.

A in NS
on 12/13/10 9:25 pm
We might get some over Christmas but I'm always the one snapping the pics! 

A in NS
on 12/13/10 9:24 pm
I always loved reading the updates before I had surgery - it gave me such hope!  So now I do it as 'pay back'  :)  You say such nice things!!  Sexy woman - haha!!  lol 

DaniDragonfly
on 12/14/10 9:29 pm - Lockhartville, Canada
*Standing 'O'*

Congrats, Angie ... you certainly do a fine job of 'pay back'.
A in NS
on 12/15/10 9:06 am
Thanks Dani  :))

Most Active