So happy I found this group!

ruthann49
on 12/12/10 7:20 am - Canada
Hello everyone ! I'm new and have been researching WLS This is a wonderful group and I look forward to reading your posts. I'm seeing my Dr. soon about a referral so I have a long journey ahead but you all give me hope that I can be a "normal" person! Thanks again!
A in NS
on 12/12/10 7:43 am
Welcome to the group, Ruthann!   This is a great place for info & questions.  Good luck with your referral - I hope you don't have to wait for too long to get surgery.  In the meantime, here is the link to the Capital Health site with the WLS information in case you don't already have it - I believe there is a also a form there for your doctor to make a referral with  :)) 

http://www.cdha.nshealth.ca/default.aspx?page=SubPage¢er Content.Id.0=61088&category.Categories.1=112

There are also a couple of support groups in NS right now that you are more than welcome to attend - one is in Truro and one is in Halifax.

Welcome!!  
Angie

Weight lost since surgery:

ruthann49
on 12/12/10 8:03 am - Canada
Thanks So much Angie Can't wait to see your before and after pics!
Debbie T.
on 12/12/10 9:18 am - Canada
Welcome Ruthann. It may feel long now but hope is in sight. You have taken the first step by even looking into the possibility. Remember it is not a cure , it is a tool. But a tool I am always grateful for. Good luck with your doctor.
Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
CaperGal
on 12/12/10 12:10 pm - Sydney Mines, Canada

Welcome to the group Ruthann. There is a lot of great people here to help with any questions. Lots of information to read. But it is good stuff. Good luck with your doc. too.

A in NS
on 12/12/10 10:08 pm
Wow Debbie - your almost a century club member ALREADY!!!  You go girl!!! 

coreena691
on 12/13/10 1:28 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
Welcome to the group Ruthann!!!  Congrats on making the first steps.  You're going to find the website is very helpful and tonnes of info for all those questions that will pop up!  Stick around and enjoy the journey!!

Wow Deb that is AWESOMESUPERFANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!  Keep rockin' it girl!!
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

Andrea S.
on 12/14/10 11:13 am - New Waterford, Canada
HI Ruthann
I am new as well and I LOVE this group!!!! My referral was made on the 16th of November, so I am in the hurry up and wait stage as well!!!!!

I have learned soooo much from this site and I look forward to learning sooo much more and getting to know these wonderful people, includng you!

Good luck and keep us posted!!!!

Andrea

Angie from the Cape!
DaniDragonfly
on 12/14/10 9:42 pm - Lockhartville, Canada
Welcome, Ruthann!
I started following this group just before I was referred in Sept of 09. I am now sleeved (4 wks out) and getting the hang of how to live with this remarkable tool.

This forum is (by times) a life saver. The various degrees of experience on such a small forum is so much more than any family or even medical support available. (Angie and Coreena in particular have bailed my 'freaking out backside' on a few occasions already.)

You will learn more in the next year to two years, it'll blow your mind.

I'm going to recommend the two books Coreena suggested - they are so full of good info, they should really be required reading:

"The Emotional First Aid Kit" by Cynthia L Alexander, PsyD &
"Eat It Up!" by Connie Stapleton, PH.D

Best of luck!
D
A in NS
on 12/15/10 9:08 am
Aww, thanks Dani  :)  Where did you find the books & how much were they?

Most Active