What Vitamins do you take?

A in NS
on 12/6/10 11:56 am
This came up at our last support group meeting and I thought it was interesting, so I'm wondering what vitamins you all take?

Here's my list:
three omega 3 supplements
B Complex
Vit E
Multivitamin
Vit D - 1000 IU
and I plan to add in calcium when I can get to Costco & get some Calcium Citrate...
I also take a daily stool softener (tmi, I know! lol) and the ursidol prescribed for prevention of gall stones after wls.

The only ones suggested by the wls clinic were the multivitamin, the vitamin D and the ursidol...

What has everyone else been doing & does anyone have a chewable calcium they can recommend?  Since I had surgery I can't easily swallow pills like I used to!

Weight lost since surgery:

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/10 8:35 pm - Canada
I am taking my multivitamin, vit D and vit e.
I am going to start taking a fish oil capsule as well. 

I am really noticing that they get stuck every night.  Starting to get annoying but sounds like you are experiencing the same thing.
A in NS
on 12/6/10 10:08 pm
Yep - I used to be able to swallow 5 or 6 pills at a time - now I have to choke down one at a time - it's a pain!! 

CaperGal
on 12/7/10 12:51 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
I take chewable Vita Vim - chewable strawberry
Women 50 plus One A Day
Vitamin  B12 and folic acid - chewable cherry
Iron
Vitamin D- chewable chocolate
I had to go off them until i finish with the tests I am doing at home. i will be back on them tomorrow tho.
A in NS
on 12/7/10 9:12 am
Where are you getting the chewables & are they any good?  Oh, and how do they taste?  I got a liquid calcium citrate from Costco today but haven't tried it yet..

DaniDragonfly
on 12/7/10 11:59 pm - Lockhartville, Canada
Just at the moment, I am taking a Jaimeson multi, the ursidol, vit D chewable and my happy pill (pre surgery script). That is more than enough for me just now ... I will likely add an omeg/fish oil at some point in the near future.

I won't have the results of my first bloodwork post surgery until next week some time ... so not really sure if I am lacking anything.

Sorry I missed the meeting ... my youngest was still getting over the flu and incredibly clingy. I do wish I could have gone, though.

D
A in NS
on 12/8/10 11:40 am
OK, so what brand vit D are you taking that's chewable & where did you get it?  C'mon people, share your chewable finds!!  lol

Don't worry about missing the meeting - we will have another one hopefully next month  :))

DaniDragonfly
on 12/8/10 8:51 pm - Lockhartville, Canada
Jaimeson ... chocolate Vit D. I got it at the Super Store ... in the vitamin section.

D

novascotiadawn
on 12/8/10 1:44 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I'm taking...

Life Spectrum Chewables...Vitamins
Vitamin B-12
Vitamin D
Citracal Petites

And going to start Omega 3.6.9

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

coreena691
on 12/8/10 9:44 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
I only take a Women's 1-A-Day Multi-vitamin, but I'm in a different phase.  I'm a gazillion years out and I eat a larger variety of nutrients now.  I only ever took the multi-vitamin, back in my day, that's all the Dr. recommended.   I tell ya, I lost a pile of hair and calcium though--effected my teeth and fingernails pretty bad for the first 5 years and I used to clog the shower drain with my hair every week.

I'm much more nutritionally balanced now. 
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

Most Active