First Step

Dahtzie
on 11/22/10 11:38 pm - Elmsdale, Canada
Hi Everyone.  I'm new to the board.  I've been reading posts for over a month now but have never posted until now.  I have been talking to my family doc for a while about "help" to lose weight.  I am 5'2" and over 250 lbs.  He always told me that when I was ready I would lose the weight.  Well, I'm way past ready but still can't lose the weight by myself.  I found the information for the QEII clinic on someone else's post and printed everything off including the referral form.

I saw my family doc this morning and he started to fill out the referral for me right when I was in the office.  He told me that the QEII was doing the band now.  Does anyone know about that? I thought is was just the sleeve.  I was very happy that he agreed to do this for me.  Now I guess the wait begins. 

I look forward to reading your posts.

Dahtzie (aka Dorothy)

Mom to Jonathon (ADHD)
TJ (Autism)
Henry Jr. (CP/ADHD)

A in NS
on 11/23/10 1:38 am
Hi Dorothy,
Welcome & Congrats on taking your first step!   :))
As far as I know they are only doing the VSG in Halifax.

Weight lost since surgery:

coreena691
on 11/23/10 4:09 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
Hi Dorothy, Congrats on your first step, there are a lot of people here that can advise you of the steps taken to the time of surgery. 

I thought the same Angie, but my doctor told me last night that they are doing the band in Halifax.  Hmmm?
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

A in NS
on 11/23/10 6:37 am
It would be great if they offered people a choice now...  When I went to my info session they said that VSG was all they were doing, but that was a while ago, so they could have changed it now  :)  I hope they offer whatever kind of surgery someone wants - wouldn't that be great? 

Weight lost since surgery:

coreena691
on 11/23/10 6:42 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
You bet that would be great!!  Not one sugery is suited for everyone, and they should have a choice like in other provinces/states.  ~Fingers crossed that they've added a 2nd procedure!!!
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/10 8:10 pm, edited 11/23/10 8:10 pm - Canada
Hi There,   I live in Elmsdale as well! 
As far as I know , the QEII is still only doing the sleeve. Honestly, I wouldn't want the band, too many complications. 
We can meet up and go for a walk if you like and we can chat about everything. 

Lana
Dahtzie
on 11/23/10 8:47 pm - Elmsdale, Canada

Good morning everyone!  Thanks for the postings and viewing.  Oakley, I would love to meet up with you some day to go for a walk or something .  I'll message you next week as I'm about to start the next five days working 3pm to 11pm (I work at the IWK). 

I'll definitely keep everyone posted about what is going on and if I find out that the QEII is doing banding as well.

Thanks for the positive advice everyone!

Most Active