Pre-Op Done...Surgery Thursday am!

Kat_12
on 11/22/10 1:26 am - Halifax, Canada
Oh boy, oh boy!  I am glad to have my pre-op appointment over with.  Easy for the most part.  Just didn't enjoy the questions on wills, living wills etc.  Having never had surgery before, this is the part that is freaking me out the most!  I KNOW I will be fine, but don't like to even think about what could go wrong. 

So Thursday is my day, first thing.  Is anyone else on Thursday?  Can anyone tell me if you got 'freaked' out when you arrived at the hospital?  Seems like alot of people around to see if I have a panic attack, or break down in tears in each of those waiting rooms we move through!

Wish me luck!  Hope to meet some of you in the future at a meeting somewhere around Halifax!
CaperGal
on 11/22/10 3:14 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
Don't freak out, it will be alright. I have my pre op on Mon. Nov.29th. and my surgery is on Dec. 7th. I think everyone goes through these feelings because we are starting a whole new way of life so it is a little scary. Good luck and please keep us informed of how you get along ok. take care. 
coreena691
on 11/22/10 3:27 am, edited 11/22/10 3:28 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
Don't worry and freak out like CaperGal says!!  You'll do just fine and now you need to focus on how this is the right choice for you and how your life is about to make such a beautiful change, both inside and out!  This is the start of your journey to a healthier, happier you!  And I can tell you you're gonna LOVE IT!!!   Make sure you have lots of support during your recovery and through out this journey. 
When you're feeling well, try to come to one of our meetings in Sackville,~We're here to help!

I'm celebrating my 19th year and ABSOLUTELY HAVE NEVER REGRET IT!!!

Congratulations.....you're on your way!!! 
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

Debbie T.
on 11/22/10 3:57 am - Canada
I had a brief moment of what am I doing and then my daughter reminded me that I had thought this through long and hard. And then I was fine. Good luck on Thursday.
Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
A in NS
on 11/27/10 8:16 pm
Are you home yet, Kat12?  How are you feeling?

Weight lost since surgery:

Kat_12
on 11/28/10 11:31 pm - Halifax, Canada
Thanks for checking in!  I got home on saturday, but only starting to feel somewhat human today.  Good thing, as it is my first day alone.  nooone to bring me drinks, etc, lol!  I have to say though, I am very confused.  what is this thing trying to tell me?  hungry? full?  too much, too little?  too fast, too slow?  i don't want to pu**** but am also feeling very weak with what I am taking in.  any advice for the first week or two?
A in NS
on 11/29/10 6:32 am
I'm glad you're home & feeling OK!  :)  You will quickly figure out what your new tummy wants (or doesn't want!) they are pretty finicky for the first while - they like crystal light but no****er - or cold stuff but not hot - or vice versa!  lol  it really is weird the things your sleeve decides it likes & doesn't!

Advice for the first week - make sure you get your liquids in - work on the protein too, but you may not be able to get it all in for the first few days, so do your best, but make sure to get the liquids in - dehydration will definitely make you feel weak.  Milk is good early out if you can tolerate it since it is liquid and protein & I found it went down easier than protein shakes for the first while.  Walk & move all you can - even if it's just a trip around your house once every hour - keeps the blood moving & helps to get rid of the gas.

You're gonna love your new sleeve! 

Weight lost since surgery:

Most Active