Here is a recipe for Whey Protein Faux Ice Cream Sandwiches

A in NS
on 11/19/10 11:40 am
I found it on Dr. Oz's site but I haven't tried it yet - lmk if anyone gets a chance to make it!  I wish they had included nutritional info too!

Whey Protein Faux Ice Cream Sandwiches

Ingredients

1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt

1 banana

1 tbsp lemon juice

1 scoop whey protein

Graham crackers (reserve)

Directions

Puree all ingredients together and freeze until semi-solid. Stir a few times while freezing. Once it has reached "ice cream" consistency, sandwich a scoop between 2 low-fat graham crackers and return to freezer to firm up. Serve or keep in an airtight container in the freezer until you're ready for your next post-workout snack.

Weight lost since surgery:

CaperGal
on 11/20/10 5:09 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
I copied it last night when you posted it on facebook. It sounds really good. Can you eat it now? Or when can you eat it? I'd love to try it. 
A in NS
on 11/20/10 8:25 am
I can eat anything I want now - I'm over 4 months out ( the first 4 weeks after surgery you will be on full liquids - next 4 weeks you will get mushies, and then 'regular' food)  :))  I think I would cut it down to just one graham wafer to get rid of some of the carbs though.  I'm hoping it will taste good just as 'ice cream'.   I know eggface has a bunch of protein ice cream recipes but they all seem to call for sf syrups that I haven't seen in Canada  :(

lmk if you try it! 

Weight lost since surgery:

Kat_12
on 11/21/10 6:26 am - Halifax, Canada
I think you can buy those sugar free syrups in Starbucks...I just asked at the counter, and got SF vanilla-big bottle...
Kitty1975
on 11/21/10 1:49 am - Canada
Speaking of greek yogurt can we buy it here in Nova Scotia? Or do you make your own?

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
Alegria
on 11/21/10 7:26 am - Nova Scotia, Canada
You can buy it at most SuperStores, Sobey's and Costco in HRM, so I'm sure most of the province must carry it.

The recipe looks yummy, I would probably add some vanilla flavor or Spenda, as is would be a tad tart I think, I look forward to trying it though.

Thanks,

Nadine

5'10 ~ HW 333 / SW 319 / CW 223 / Goal 170

Kitty1975
on 11/21/10 7:47 am - Canada
Oh will have to check it out when i am in the city next. I know here on the south shore i cant find it anywheres. Thanks Nadine hope all is well with you!

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
sussmack2004
on 11/21/10 10:13 am
Sounds yummy!  Might just have to try it pre op and see how good it is
CANADIAN GASTRIC
CHICKY

on 11/22/10 12:45 am - Canada
Angie I order sugar free syrups from the Cultured Coffee Bean - they ship for free if you order is over I think $50.00 and they have a large sugar free selection of syrups and they are in Canada!

I would have to certainly sweeten the greek yogourt- its too sour on its own.

deb
Most Active