One week tomorrow since surgery and 1st post

MargeD
on 11/14/10 8:57 pm
Hello everyone,  
It will be one week tomorrow since my surgery.   If you're waiting to have your surgery and are apprehensive about it, don't be.   I didn't know what to expect either but it's not bad at all.  Other than the soreness in my abs, I had no pain at all.   I've also had no problems with my liquid diet.  Anyway, just wanted to say that I've enjoyed reading your posts on here and they certainly helped me to know what to expect.

Thanks again,
Marge

CaperGal
on 11/14/10 11:40 pm - Sydney Mines, Canada
Hi, Marge glad you made it here. That is awsome you are feeling so good. 3 weeks and it is my turn. Can't wait. Are you walking around much? What kind of liquids are you drinking? Hope to see you more around here. Take care.
MargeD
on 11/15/10 12:05 am

Yes, I am trying to be active and walking.   First few days I walked around the house and up and down my driveway.  On the weekend I did the mall for a really good walk.   Today I'm going in Town to the park for my walk.   I am drinking protein shakes, cream soups mixed with milk, I made some jello with protein powder in it, blenderized cottage cheese and applesauce, yogurt, decaf green tea with lemon and Crystal light in my water.   I haven't had any problems with any of it so far.    Take care and don't be nervous about the surgery - be excited!!!!
Take care.

Debbie T.
on 11/14/10 11:47 pm - Canada
Welcome to the other side Marge
Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
A in NS
on 11/15/10 2:12 am
Hey Marge,
It's great to have you here - hope you keep coming back & keep us updated on your progress - isn't it fun to see the scale move so quickly - I sure do miss that first week for that reason!!  lol

Weight lost since surgery:

A in NS
on 11/23/10 6:39 am
How are you doing Marge?

MargeD
on 11/23/10 7:16 am
Hi Angie,
I'm doing great!!!   I feel great and have had no problems whatsoever.  Had my staples out yesterday and all is good.  I've cut my insulin from 36 at meals to 10 or less and my nighttime from 100 to 30 units so I'm really pleased about that.   That was the whole object of this surgery - get rid of these meds.   I'm down 15.8 in the two weeks since surgery so I'm really happy about that.   How's Jeff doing?   He was doing great in the hospital so I hope that has continued for him.   Thanks for thinking about me and take care - keep on posting.  You're such a help and inspiration to everyone.
Marge
A in NS
on 11/24/10 2:45 am
That's awesome Marge!  That's a great reduction in insulin - won't be long until you don't need any at all!!  :))  15.8 lbs in 2 weeks is great!  Jeff is doing well too - he feels a little nauseous every now & then after he eats but other than that he's doing great - he's down 22lbs as of this morning - MEN!  They lose sooo much faster than us!  I'm glad I can help others out but I don't know about inspiring (as I blush!!)  but thanks!  :)

Hope to see you at the meeting - the directions are on the way!  :)

Most Active