newb here

dht
on 11/12/10 10:25 am - Lake Echo, Canada
hello all.

new to this site, had my surgery in the summer of08 with great results..peaked at 100lbs lost...then my life went into an uncontrollable death spiral and gained back 50lbs and i am hoping with the support of this site i may get back in control of myself...cheers
CaperGal
on 11/12/10 12:27 pm - Sydney Mines, Canada

Hi and welcome. Everyone that comes here is very helpful. So just ask away for anything you want to know. All you have to do is read some of the posts here to see all the support everyone gives. My surgery is Dec, 7th. can't wait.
 Did you have the sleeve?

A in NS
on 11/12/10 9:18 pm
Hi,  This is a great place to be to talk to others that are going through the same things you are - Welcome!!   :)

Weight lost since surgery:

dht
on 11/13/10 11:52 am - Lake Echo, Canada
when i had my consult, i originally wanted a bypass and the surgeon talked me into a sleeve...wish i had gone with the bypass personally...maybe it would have been easier to control the weight gain i experienced...i dunno
dasherT
on 11/16/10 11:01 pm - Stewiacke, Canada
I have not had surgery and have no clue when that might happen but I am interested in the bypas over the sleeve. We don't have the choice in NS so I am looking at going elsewhere but There are some fantastic success stories with the sleeve though and i'm sure there are many others who have gone through the same as you. Hang in there you can get back on the wagon again. Try going to an OA meeting for extra support if there are no other weight loss support groups around you.

coreena691
on 11/17/10 12:06 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
Hi DHT,

We spoke a couple times over on Facebook.  Just letting you know there's lots of members (some even had the sleeve) that are attending our Self-help groups.  You are definitely not alone in this journey with losing and regaining some weight. 

It can happen for a variety of reasons, but I do feel with the right amount of support and education to help us get back on track we can get back to success!!! 

Feel free to come along to our next meeting on Sunday, Nov 21st. 2-4pm at the Sackville Sobeys Community room. 

If you have any questions, you can contact me here, on our Facebook group or call me at home.  PH 252-2406.

Take care and stay strong!
Coreena
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

Most Active