Fresh New Innovative Support Group for Nova Scotians!

coreena691
on 10/28/10 5:35 am, edited 10/28/10 6:35 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
Hi Everyone!

Coming Soon
A new support group for WLS called OWLSS
(Obesity Weight Loss Surgery Support).

I have launched a Facebook page to get us started!  (This is set to CLOSED for your privacy, so only members will know who's there.  Limited public content. Members can see all content.). I along with some other wonderful people in this forum are working on some ideas to help get a great support group up and running hopefully in the HRM and other communities if there's demand. 

We are in the starter stages and will be working alongside a Non-Profit Charitable Organization in NS to help get this together.  What we are looking to start is a place for us to meet (past, present & future patients of WLS) to share our stories, make some friendships, have a clothing swap, recipes, tips, anything goes!  We want this to be a positive experience for everyone and feel a Peer-led group is the best way!  We can just go with the flow during the meetings, or allow for "open-mike" if there's something specific you need to discuss.  Each meeting we hope will be informative, fun and best of all providing that special support to make us all SUCCESSFUL during our journeys!!

Hope this is something you will all be interested in!!  I have been searching for something like this for my 19 + years Post-op and sure would enjoy the company!! 

Thanks and here's the link to the Facebook group if you wish to join.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=320715564655

Cheers!
Coreena

VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

dasherT
on 10/28/10 5:37 am - Stewiacke, Canada
This sounds like a great group and I am surer it will be very successful for you! Good luck!

Tracy

coreena691
on 10/28/10 5:41 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
Thanks Tracy and feel free to join, this is by no means something to take away from OH, but to ADD with local support!  It's for anyone who's had WLS, waiting or is just curious!

dasherT
on 10/28/10 6:01 am - Stewiacke, Canada
I will likely join the FB page but Halifax is a little far for me from Truro since I am not suppose to drive but hopefully once that one i up and running you will be able to assist with doing the same down this way!

coreena691
on 10/28/10 11:52 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
We already have a couple members on the Face Book group. 
Come join the party everyone!!!

Carly ~
on 10/28/10 11:53 am
Great idea Coreena!
I'll definitely be checking things out  
 = )

If you need any help organizing, or online, let me know.   I'm home every day, and can help.
coreena691
on 10/28/10 11:58 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
Aww Carly, that would be awesome!!  I will definitely take you up on that offer, so I don't start to get burned out.  There's a lot to it, but I'm so driven by this & I can't wait to meet you all! 
Are you in the HRM?

dasherT
on 10/28/10 12:47 pm - Stewiacke, Canada
you will have to add me to the fb group I am under tracy brander dash

coreena691
on 10/28/10 12:54 pm - Beaver Bank, Canada
Tracy, the link shoud take you right to the page to request joining.  But I've added you as a friend and will send over the invite when you accept. 

You will see the updates from the group on your news feed, but only members will see this, not your "friends" on Facebook.  ....No worries, you're SAFE! 

coreena691
on 11/1/10 1:10 pm - Beaver Bank, Canada
Hi everyone,

Just an update to our new support group!  We have the go-ahead to start organizing meetings.  Now we'll just be working on finding a place and will post the info ASAP. 

In just 4 days OWLSS already has 11 members!!!  So if you haven't had the chance to join, come on over and say Hi!  We have a great friendly group forming and the more faces to share our journeys, the better!!!

Cheers,
Coreena

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=320715564655&ref=nf

Most Active