worried about weight

dasherT
on 10/25/10 1:25 pm - Stewiacke, Canada
Well this is a first, my doctor wrote me a referral today but doesn't think that I am heavey enough. I never thought I would actually want to gain weight! My BMI is t 40.8 right now so if I lose just 3 pounds it could make this process even longer for me. That's all I need in life, an excuse to eat! Lord help me if this weight list is to long I'll end up being rejected for being too heavey...I'm not sure if I should be laughing or crying right now but I am definately eating!
(deactivated member)
on 10/25/10 8:24 pm - Canada
Just keep going with the process.  Don't gain any weight.  If you can strive to maintain or lose, it would be best.  They can still take you with a bmi of less than 40.

DaniDragonfly
on 10/26/10 12:09 am - Lockhartville, Canada
I think everyone on this site can relate to your desperation at getting real help to deal with your weight - I know I do.

Honestly, I believe in my heart that I was fast tracked through this process because I am such a healthy person. My BMI is higher than yours at 50, but I have no co-morbidities and no reason to be done faster than someone who does.

The way they choose people for this is not what you might think. It seems like there is a very specific agenda they follow.

My advice for you is to try to keep yourself healthy. Don't exacerbate your problem by adding weight - that is just going to make you more miserable in the long run. Have faith that this will work out for the best.

Good luck!
D

A in NS
on 10/26/10 12:20 am
I agree!  Your weight has been recorded with your doctor, and I really doubt that they would penalize someone for trying to get healthy...

Weight lost since surgery:

dasherT
on 10/26/10 12:32 am - Stewiacke, Canada
Thanks

coreena691
on 10/26/10 2:50 am - Beaver Bank, Canada
My BMI was also 40.8 when I had my surgery (I was called a Low-weight), but that was a loooong time ago.  At least you're getting things started!  Your cir****tances my be enough to make you qualify!  Everyone's different, go through with the referral and wait to see what the surgeon says.   

In the meanwhile, eat healthy, and try to get some exercise.  You'll need to be in good condition to handle the surgery. 
VBG June 1991 - Revision to VSG May 12, 2011

Most Active