Pre Surgery Blues ... anyone?

DaniDragonfly
on 10/26/10 10:18 pm - Lockhartville, Canada
Wow!
Thank you.

I would love the gal's email for the Halifax area. I know that Angie goes to a support group, too and I was thinking I would try and hook up with her at that one.

I am in the Annapolis Valley ... but not so far from Halifax.

I am on FB, but since I have been essentially hiding from nearly everyone on my friends list and NOBODY except my husband and mother know what I am about to do ... I am not ready to make this announcement to the FB world ... otherwise, I would totally link up.

You know ... you go through life thinking that your problems and short comings are yours alone ... thinking that there is nobody that could possibly understand what it is that you are feeling and then KABOOM! You reach out a little and there it is ... someone who can put into words what you could not do yourself.

...and you made me cry ... but that is really not hard to do this week.

I will be on the Cole's web site ordering both of those books today. I know I still have work to do on my head ... but it is scary as heck in there. I have undergone therapy (intensive therapy, actually) in the past, and would really rather steer clear of shrinks and psycologists if possible. But group therapy would be good, I think.

Thank you for taking the time to write this. I mean that ... I've been feeling really lost and sullen and completely unsure of what I am doing. Your note came at a really good time.

Thanks.
D

CANADIAN GASTRIC
CHICKY

on 10/28/10 12:31 am - Canada
Hi D

Glad that most helped a lil .

I just wanted to offer you an idea- you will notice that my fb identity is not my name- like many I created a fb account seperate from my personal one that is family and close friends.

I am not openly public with just anyone about my surgery - its a very personal decision to me and I chose on the most part to keep my health decision private. I think its great that some can scream it from the rooftops but that is not what I personally chose to do- as time ticks on I a getting a lil more open.

So incase you want to use FB for the networking and info/resources possibility you might look into such an account- there is a large number on my friends list on Cdn Gastric Chicky that have done just that- so you may find it helpful.

Keep an open mind and take what you need or applies to you and leave the rest  - and that is a good idea on any of the WLS forums- it can be a little overwhelming at first.

Also the same with support groups - some may work others not so much -

I will be looking for your updates - take care
deb

STARTING 2010 WITH A BANG! 160 LBS LOST!

WLS JOURNEY: HW-292/SW-273/CW-132-GOAL 125LBS
        WHO WOULD HAVE THUNK IT - ME - 132 LBS ! omg

- Happy to be Brenda B's angel !

Most Active