getting started

dasherT
on 10/22/10 1:55 pm - Stewiacke, Canada
where dyou get started with all this in Nova scotia?
A in NS
on 10/22/10 8:57 pm
You need a referral from your family doctor to the bariatric clinic.  As I understand, it isn't necessarily first come first served, but more of a priority thing...

You can find all of the handouts & info they give you here:
http://www.cdha.nshealth.ca/default.aspx?page=SubPage¢er Content.Id.0=61088&category.Categories.1=112

Hope this helps & welcome!!  :)

Weight lost since surgery:

dasherT
on 10/23/10 5:54 am - Stewiacke, Canada
Your journey has been insperational. I have an appointment with my family dr on Monday and I'll go from there but I really appreciate your link.
(deactivated member)
on 10/22/10 9:40 pm - Canada
Hey, I just noticed you are in Stewiacke.  I live in Elmsdale.    My brother lives in Stewiacke.
Angiecam gave you good info.  Start with a referral from your doctor.
dasherT
on 10/23/10 5:53 am - Stewiacke, Canada
very cool I fell on this site by a link from a link from a link so it is very cool for me to hear from people so close to home! I have a doctors appointment Monday to discuss this with him. I've already had sleep tests and am seeing a psychiatrist I don't know if I am diabetic now but I was with all 4 pregnancies so it's just a matter of time. I also suffer terribly from Fibromyalgia and acid reflux/heartburn. I hope your journey is going well!
Dahtzie
on 10/23/10 11:00 pm - Elmsdale, Canada
Hi:  I too live in Elmsdale and was thrilled to see this posting.  I have been considering WLS for a while because I'm so frustrated and can't get the weight off myself.  I'm up to 250 lbs and have been having a lot of problems walking, etc for the past few months.  I happened to stumble over this posting this morning and boy, was I thrilled to see all the great information.

Oakley39, I would love to meet up with you someday to talk about your journey and everything you had to go through.  I am going to make an appointment with my family doctor and know that I am going to get resistance from him and he would rather me lose the weight on my own without help.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone and I too and "getting started"
Most Active