Hungry All The Time

marieman
on 10/22/10 12:05 am - Halifax, Canada

Hello all,

I am always hungry all the time now, with this new 1200 calorie diet.  It is very restrictive.

Morning is either Carnation Instant Breakfast, Boost or Ensure or Protein Powder 1 scoop,
Snack is 1 cup of raw vegetables with a yogurt (small serving)
Lunch is Carnation Instant Breakfast, Boost or Ensure or Protein Powder 1 scoop
Snack is a fruit
Supper is 1 cup of cooked vegetables with 1 cup salad greens with 1 cup raw vegetable toppings
plus 4 oz of either turkey, chicken, pork or beef
Snack is Carnation Instant Breakfast, Boost or Ensure or Protein Powder 1 scoop

My problem is I work day time and I am only able to have my main meal at lunch time which is messing me up.  I am always hungry all the time and I also find that I do not sleep well with this because I am so hungry. 

Plus I am also consdiering changing my work hours from 11:30 am till 8 pm to a much earlier shift so I can eat in the evenings so I will not feel so hungry, seeing if would help out.

How in the world does one cope with  this restrictive diet.  If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it very much.  Thanks.

Marie

Kitty1975
on 10/22/10 12:31 am - Canada
Oh i am on the same diet but first i was on the two week liquid diet, which to me was MUCH worse than this diet. I dont find the diet to be too bad cause most of the time i cant even finish all my supper. I have lost almost 20lbs doing it this way though so least its worth it in the end. Hope you find it better soon.

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
CaperGal
on 10/22/10 4:24 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
I am on the same diet too. I don't mind it. I make slushies out of mine. I put ice cubes about half way in my blender. Then put in the boost and a scoop of protein powder and a small container of yogart. That gets me through to lunch and it covers 3 cups of liquids. I do the same for CIB with 2 cups of 1% milk. I haven't been weighed yet but I know I have lost some pounds. It can be hard if you work but I am home most of the time so I guess it is easier for me to do. I guess we just have to do it cos it will be a big part of our lives from now on. 
nickola1
on 10/22/10 4:03 am - Riverview, Canada
 Hi Marie, 

Have you already had the surgery or is this the diet prior to having it?  

Thanks, 
Chris

marieman
on 10/22/10 6:14 am - Halifax, Canada

Hi Chris,

I did not have the surgery yet, and this is the diet prior to the surgery and since I do work daytime, I do not have the luxury of making myself slushies.  Which no doubt would have been benefical.

I am going to instead to get my schedule changed so I am working earlier in the daytime and home earlier in the evening so I can eat later in the day the main course.

Thanks for the advice.

A in NS
on 10/22/10 8:02 am
I'm wondering if snacking on sugar free jello or celery would be allowed?  Not much calories & it might get you through....  just a thought!

Weight lost since surgery:

Debbie T.
on 10/22/10 9:35 am - Canada
Another choice is to add 1/2 scoop of protein powder to the high protein boost. I found it really helped tide me over. You can also have a cup of cauliflower or broccoli as an afternoon snack. I also found it helped. Good luck.
Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
marieman
on 10/22/10 10:40 am - Halifax, Canada
Hi all,

Thanks for the lovely replies, they all sound good, unforuantely, this diet is restrictive and I am grateful for the suggestions, but what I will do is when I see my doctor on November 9, I will have do up a note with his signature to say that I can only work from 9am till 5pm so i can be home to eat in the evenings and this may help me be not hungry. I do understand that once I do have the surgery I will not have the same big stomach lol as I do now and therefore I will be not as hungry as I am feelling now. 

I have also a total of 21 1/2 lbs since August 18, which is when I started to follow this crazy diet.  I cannot wait till I have my surgery. 

I do plan to keep my chin and do what they ask, so I can get this surgery done.  Thanks.

Marie

Most Active