Anyone have a ladies 1 or 2x winter coat for sale + advice needed on sizes!!

A in NS
on 10/18/10 5:25 am, edited 10/18/10 5:54 am
I'm cold & confused!!  lol  I'm looking on Kijiji for jackets for sale but I'm not really sure what size I take??  I take a 1X shirt from Penningtons right now, but what is that in 'regular' sizes??  Would an XL Columbia jacket fit?  We do a lot of walking in the winter so I want something that's warm and I want something that's cheap since I will (HOPEFULLY!) take a smaller size next winter.  Anyone have anything for sale or advice for sizes?
Thanks,
Angie

Weight lost since surgery:

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/10 10:56 am - Canada
Lol, I don't have anything that will help you!! 
Honestly, Old Navy has good prices. 
I wouldn't invest in a Columbia yet.
Wait until next year.
A in NS
on 10/18/10 12:44 pm
No worries - I'm looking at Kijiji for something - or Frenchy's but I can never find anything there!  lol  I will check out Old Navy the next time we're in the city though - but the second hand thing is serving me well for now - or at least it would if I knew what to look for!!  :S  lol

Weight lost since surgery:

marieman
on 10/19/10 11:14 am - Halifax, Canada
Sorry, I am unable to help you with the clothes item, I do too find it also hard to find out what size to buy.  I started this process at my highest weight of 396 in size 5x, with no surgery at all yet, and so far I am down to size 2x.  So I would check out  Frency's and Value Village as I find them to be so helpful in buying second hand clothes for now and they are cheap.  Just last week I was at a Frency's in Spryfield and I was able to find a winter coat size 2x for only $10.00, what a amazing price.  I swear they are the best places to shop.  As buying brand new does get to be expensive on the pocket book lol.  Can you imagine what size I may actually turn out to be once I had the surgery and lose even more weight, there will be a brand new person surfacing.

Most Active