Surgery Three Months Ago! (With Photos)

A in NS
on 10/13/10 7:01 am, edited 1/16/11 3:53 am
I had surgery on July 13 - 3 months ago today!  So glad I did it!!!  I am down 52 lbs and I am no longer on any prescription drugs - with the exception of ursodiol for another 3 months (which we all take after wls)  prior to surgery I was taking something for high blood pressure & diabetes.  I am still using the C-pap but I think I could probably sleep without it now. 

I have had many NSV's and I'm really enjoying a lot of little moments that never even occurred to me - for instance, I noticed this morning that the permanent indent from the frame of my glasses is gone from my temples!  I climbed on the monkey bars with my 3 year old.  I did a freaking cartwheel!! lol  I cleaned out my closet & put up my bigger clothes on Kijiji and made a little cash for buying some new clothes that fit (still have lots to sell too, so maybe I'll have a big shopping spree!!)   

Ok, now for photos - only 3 here but more on my profile if you're curious  :)

1st pic (striped shirt) is my heaviest @ 360lbs - July 2007 - Shirt size 6X
2nd pic (light blue shirt) is before surgery @ 270lbs - July 2010 - Shirt size 5X (but getting big)
3rd pic (purple shirt) is today @ 218lbs - Shirt size 1X - Oh, and look, I can wear jeans!!

Weight lost since surgery:

Debbie T.
on 10/13/10 9:15 am - Canada
Hi Angie,

You are looking fab. ps I have that striped shirt too.

Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
CaperGal
on 10/13/10 10:02 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
Hi Angie OMG girl you are looking so good. You look so different in each picture. so nice. You should be so happy with yourself. Keep going girl I will have a lot more ? for you soon . it will be so nice when you go buy clothes again and realize you can get in so many smaller clothes. I can't (weight) lol talk to you later.
HeidiLee
on 10/14/10 8:06 am
Hi Angie:

I am just a new member today.  I looked at your pics.  Good for you girl!!!  I live in Nova Scotia and am wondering if this surgery is covered by any insurance coverage.  If not, what kind of cost is involved?
A in NS
on 10/14/10 12:27 pm
Hi Heidi,
It's all covered by MSI - as long as you qualify - you have to get a referral from your family doc  :)

CaperGal
on 10/14/10 12:37 pm - Sydney Mines, Canada
Kitty1975
on 10/13/10 11:27 am - Canada
wow so amazing and impressive. i cant wait to begin my journey! you look great.
A in NS
on 10/13/10 12:17 pm
Thanks guys!  You have already started your journey, just hang in there!  Any questions I can answer I will, just ask away - always happy to help!  :) 

I hated that shirt, Debbie, but it was the only thing I could find that fit - Why do the people who design clothing for Penningtons insist on the bad patterns & unflattering cuts all the time?  I always said that the stuff from Penningtons was mostly designed for Mrs Roper (3's Company) or for Phoebe from Charmed!!!  lol  How much harder would it be to make something that looked decent???  Anyway, that is a sore spot that I don't think I will ever get over! lol

Debbie T.
on 10/14/10 9:06 am - Canada
LOL. Is the meeting on for Saturday?
Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
A in NS
on 10/14/10 12:30 pm
Yes!  Support group meeting Satruday at 1:00pm  :))

Most Active