This is all new for me

sussmack2004
on 10/12/10 5:11 am

I was referred to the clinic in Feb 08.  Was at the group session in August 2010. 
Since then I have found some of the things required easy to do, gave up coffee and gum no problems at all. I started walking and  I have lost 17 lbs since then.  I seem to have been quite motivated by the meeting but am worried that as time goes on I will lose the motivation.  I was kind of skeptical about the whole surgery thing when my doctor referred me but after going to the meeting I feel much more confident that I can be sucessful. 
It is very reassuring to read all of the messages and comments on this site and look forward to reading more. 
I can't wait now to hear from the clinic to see where to go from here.

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/10 9:02 am - Canada
Hey, you just keep doing what you are doing!  Your journey to getting the sleeve is almost there. You will get to see the surgeon soon and then you will be on your way!
Hang in there!!!
sussmack2004
on 10/13/10 10:29 pm
Thanks for the encouragement!  I'm going to keep on keeping on and the journey will be sooo worth it
marieman
on 10/13/10 4:53 am - Halifax, Canada
I too was referred to the clinic and then I went to the group session in August 2010, and I have lost so far 21 1/2 lbs.  I congratulations you on doing so well.  I too find this hard to do. This special strict diet is not easy.  I still miss my bread the most. But I am reminded that in time that we are allowed some of the things we cannot have at the moment, like some crackers which makes me feel good to know.  Just keep up the good work, it will pay off in the end and both of us will get to the surgery and become the new person we are meant to be.  You are not alone in the process and support from this website and along with friends and family is the most important thing we have on our side.

sussmack2004
on 10/13/10 10:26 pm
Good for you on the weight loss!  It is definitely challenging but in the end it will be worth it I am sure about that! I too miss bread the most. I could and have had bread for or with every meal so I am missing it for sure. 
I am very happy to have found this site and be able to see and hear about the challenges and accomplishments of so many people. 
Keep up the great work!
marieman
on 10/14/10 10:41 am - Halifax, Canada
Thanks for replying back so soon, we know that the wait time is not until after Christmas, and yes it is hard to wait, but like they say it will be worth it in the end for us all. Let us remember that this is not a journey we need to take alone.  We do have this website for help and also lots of friends and family to keep us encouraged.

A in NS
on 10/13/10 7:04 am
Hang in there, girls - it's soooo worth all of the hoops you have to jump through!!

Weight lost since surgery:

CaperGal
on 10/13/10 10:16 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
Hi when you went for the group meeting did they tell you that it is going to be at least 6 months before you get to see the team? my appointment was today and it took 7 months to get this far. After you see them, you wait to see the  Dr within 1 month and then he will give you you the sergery date than. also with in a month. Hope that helps. You are doing so good on your weight loss it will be so great and alot easier for your sergery so just keep going.
sussmack2004
on 10/13/10 10:23 pm
Hi, They did indicate that it would probably be after Christmas so I am not expecting anything too soon.  Congratulations to you on being approved for the surgery. 
That is soooo exciting! 
I just found out that an old friend of mine was at the group meeting in March and she goes for surgery on Tuesday....she is very excited and I am too!  I think it'll be nice to be know someone who has actually had it done and see her progress. 
sussmack2004
on 10/13/10 10:30 pm
Thanks for the encouragement......could I consider jumping through hoops a new exercise??
Congratulations on your 3 month mark, you are looking fabulous!  What a difference in the pictures.  Keep up the great work
Most Active