I've Been Recommended for theVSG!!

DaniDragonfly
on 9/29/10 3:41 am - Lockhartville, Canada
I can not tell you how relieved I am right this moment. I was nearly sick to my stomach this morning.

I realize the journey really is just beginning, but a big hurdle was passed today. I guess it is official! I am having weight loss surgery.

Is it weird that I feel like crying right now?

Anxiously_Waiting
on 9/29/10 3:43 am
Congratulations...I don't think it is weird at all that you want to cry.  I'm still waiting...how long did you have to wait from the time of your referral?
DaniDragonfly
on 9/29/10 3:50 am - Lockhartville, Canada
I was referred last October and went to the group info session in March of this year. Then I got a letter from Diana Lawlor around the beginning of August regarding my appointment today.

The appointment ran for close to two hours and I felt VERY nervous as I did not lose the weight that was required (which I HIGHLY recommend trying very hard to do, btw ... whew! felt pretty gross during the Q & A).

But - at the end, after they had me go out for a bit while they chatted, they brought me back into the room and told me they were giving their blessing (so to speak). I will meet with Dr Ellsmere within the next month and should have my surgery within the month after ... so November sometime, according to Diana.

Still a little shocked, but relieved.
Debbie T.
on 9/29/10 6:00 am - Canada

Congrats. It is nerve wracking at that appointment. Another hurdle leaped.

Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
Anxiously_Waiting
on 10/1/10 5:56 am
Thanks for the info.  I was referred last April but have not yet been contacted.  I have a BMI of 52 and am having difficulty controlling blood pressure.  I went the hypertention clinic today as it seems I get a medication that works for only a short time and then it stops working and I have to change meds.  Also, I get a lot of side effects and don't tolerate meds well.  Soooooo hopefully I will hear from the clinic soon.

I look forward to watching your progress.  Congrats!
Alegria
on 9/29/10 8:30 am - Nova Scotia, Canada
Very exciting, Congrats to you!  Your journey began the day you made the decision to consider having a VSG. 

Looking forward to hearing when your surgery date is.

Take care of you,

Nadine

5'10 ~ HW 333 / SW 319 / CW 223 / Goal 170

CaperGal
on 9/29/10 12:11 pm - Sydney Mines, Canada
Congrats on getting this far. It is good to know that they tell you right there if you are approved. I am so worried about that.
It is so exciting when it all starts. I am going for my team meeting on October 13. I am nervous too. Did you tell them about all the changes you made since March 1(I was there  that day too)? Did you bring in a menu of what you ate and did you do the liquid diet? LOL see I have questions mostly about that day. Did you meet the whole team at once or one on one? Any info would help. thanks.  
Debbie T.
on 9/29/10 8:23 pm - Canada
Take your binder, a copy of your food log and you need to have done the trial week of liquid. You meet with the whole team  together. They will have questions about the exercise you are doing, what changes you have made. Good luck with your appointment.
Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
A in NS
on 9/30/10 12:33 am
That's AWESOME!!!  You will love it! 

Weight lost since surgery:

Most Active