Recipe?

Kitty1975
on 9/24/10 11:19 am - Canada
I was wondering if anyone out there had a great recipe for a homemade soup that was high in protein low in fat? Anything that doesnt have seafood in it since i am not a fan. Thanks in advance.
(deactivated member)
on 9/24/10 11:40 am - Canada
Try this one. I really liked it.
Winter Tomato

Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes

1 tsp olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped (or 1 tsp jarred chopped garlic)
2 Tbsp no-salt-added tomato paste
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp thyme
1 bay leaf
2 cans (14.5 oz each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, including juice
1/4 c fat-free milk
2 Tbsp plain nonfat Greek-style yogurt

1. Heat olive oil in medium saucepan. Cook onion and garli****il soft, about 5 minutes. Add tomato paste, sugar, thyme, bay leaf, tomatoes, and 2 cups water. Stir together and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes.

2. Remove bay leaf. Use a handheld blender to puree the soup in the saucepan, or transfer soup to a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth. (If you're using a standard blender, allow the mixture to cool first; hot liquid may cause the blender to squirt out contents. Depending on the size of your blender, you may have to do this in batches.)

3. Heat milk in microwave for 30 seconds to warm, and then stir it into the pureed soup along with yogurt. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve.

Makes 4 servings. Per serving: 76 cal, 1.5 g fat (0.2 g sat), 14 g carbs, 43 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein
A in NS
on 9/25/10 11:49 pm
I haven't managed to find that yet, and I hate the taste of the protein powder added to soup, but I wonder what the taste would be like if you added skim milk powder to regular soup?  I haven't tried it so let me know if you do  :)

DebbieT said she added peanut butter to chicken curry soup (If I remember correctly...) and that tasted good...

Wouldn't it be nice if we had access to all of the fancy stuff they have in the states??  :)

Weight lost since surgery:

Debbie T.
on 9/26/10 7:00 am - Canada
I made peanut soup . I blended a cup of chicken broth with 2 tble of peanut butter and one scoop of protein powder. I also added a pinch of red thai curry paste. once blended microve and enjoy. It has about 30 g protein.
Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
Most Active