Update

Debbie T.
on 8/19/10 10:15 pm - Canada
I have been struggling the last two days with the taste of everything. I seem to have a bad taste in my mouth and so nothing seems to work for it. anyone else have this problem? It seems to be worse when I eat things artificially sweetened.  The weight is continuing to slowly come off, yeah! The staples are out.
Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
A in NS
on 8/20/10 7:21 am
Hi Debbie,  I have no problem eating anything so I'm not sure what would help - maybe something savory instead of sweet?  I mixed some onion soup mix with some greek yogurt while on liquids and it was ok - be sure not to put in too much onion soup mix though... 

You've had great weight loss - does your ticker include pre-op loss as well?  It just seems like it's slow to you - it's really not!!!  lol

Hope you get some good answers with the food question!!

Weight lost since surgery:

Debbie T.
on 8/20/10 8:03 am - Canada
Hi Angie, The ticker includes the presurgery weight loss as well. I am very happy with the steady loss.  My daughter made a vegetarian chili tonight and I had the broth which helped with the taste of things. That and I went back to my strawberry smoothies.
Debbie

A in NS
on 8/23/10 6:24 am
Isn't it funny how our losses seem great to everyone but us??  lol  Glad your daughter is a good cook - it sure helps!!

Debbie T.
on 8/23/10 9:56 am - Canada
So how are you making out Angie?
Debbie

A in NS
on 8/23/10 10:52 am
Honestly, tonight I'm having a hell of a time!!  I'm kind of feeling down & it's really REALLY hard not to fall into old habits - sucks!

A in NS
on 8/29/10 10:03 pm

It's time for an update - how are you doing?? 

Debbie T.
on 8/29/10 10:35 pm - Canada
Hi Angie, I am doing well. Scale is slow but always moving in a downward direction. I am really sick and tired of liquids and hate protien powder now. I walked 3.2 km this morning so this is a huge improvement in my mobility. It was exciting to reach the 50 pound mark for weight loss (pre and post surgery). RIght now I am trying to figure out how I keep up the walking when I go back to work in a few weeks. How long after surgery did you move to mushie's?
Debbie

A in NS
on 8/30/10 12:21 am
Wow, Debbie, that's GREAT!!!  50lbs WOOHOO!!! 

I hear you on the liquids - I was sooo sick of protein powder too - & it's too bad cause it's a great way to get some extra protien & liquid at the same time & would still help me out now!  I like to take a cup of greek yogurt, a little milk, a couple of TB of Splenda and some fruit and blend it up - lots of protein & liquid and it tastes like regular food - smoothies, yum!  I still have these for breakfast  :)

3.2 km is awesome!!  You probably live too far away to walk to work, but if you take the bus you could walk to the next bus stop to get on, and get off a stop earlier when you come home - if you drive you could maybe park at a mall or something nearby & walk or even just go out for a walk at lunch - it wouldn't be 3km, but it would be a nice dent in what you will have to walk once you get home from work & aren't in the mood...  Maybe you can find a walking buddy at work for lunch time walks.

I moved to mushies 4 weeks after surgery - you only have another week or so to go, right?  Hang in there!!  The mushies stage is much easier to get through than liquids - it will be a breeze for you!   I get to move to regular food in another week so that will be great!  Keep us updated on your progress!

Most Active