Motivation

Kitty1975
on 8/19/10 12:55 am - Canada
So i have my intial blood tests coming up in Halifax on Sept 15th.  *yes i am pre-op* I have to lose about 14lbs more before then. But i have been lacking the motivation lately with it being so humid and hot out. I was wondering what you did to give yourself motivation and how you may have changed your eating habits that helped you lose weight. I mean i know the basics, (obviously) and different things work for different people, but i thought maybe there was something new i havent tried yet. Thanks in advance!

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
(deactivated member)
on 8/19/10 11:03 am - Canada

Did Diana give you a pre-op diet to follow??  If she did, follow that.  If not, let me know and I can send it to you.  Believe me that will drop the weight off of you in time for the appt on the 15th. 
Tonight I waited until 8pm to do my walk and I have been doing lots of swimming in this hot weather.  We all have the motivation challenges, I posted the same here a few weeks ago. 
You can do this!!  We all can, we are in it together :)

Lana

Kitty1975
on 8/19/10 1:18 pm - Canada
No this isnt for surgery or anything, well i mean it is but i dont have a date or anything set. Its just the initial blood tests they want you to get done and it says lose 10-20lbs before then. I just lack any get up and go lately.

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
Debbie T.
on 8/19/10 8:07 pm - Canada
I felt how you felt but I decided I could do anything for a short period. I got into a cycle where I would do liquid for 3 days and then the 1200 calorie no choice diet they had given us the rest of the week. What they want to see is that we are prepared to try. The surgery is intended to support our efforts. Good luck
Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
Most Active