I'm Home

Debbie T.
on 8/13/10 5:51 am - Canada
Hi Everyone,

I am home . Hard to believe two days ago I was waiting at the hospital for my surgery.  The nurses at the step down unit were wonderful.  After that I ended up in a ward with a very noisy neighbour who had a parade of phone calls and visitors all of which were very loud.  All I wanted to do was rest and that made it very difficult. Needless I am thrilled to be home to my own bed.  It is interesting. Whenever I drink I can feel my stomach and the fuid entering it. I think I am going to struggle to get enough intake in these first few days. HAVE TO SAY i AM NOT HUNGRY AT ALL!!!!!!!  I don't ever remember feeeling this way before. Something to celebrate.  I have been able to move around well and walk but get very tired.
Bye for now.

Debbie
Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
(deactivated member)
on 8/13/10 7:35 am - Canada
Hey,
Glad to hear you are home and all is well. 
I had an annoying neighbor in the hospital too.  That night after my surgery she was on the phone with her friends talking about drinking diet pepsi and eating oreos.  I wanted to go through the curtain and punch her in the head!

You will struggle to get your intake in the first few weeks.  Just do the best you can!

Lana
A in NS
on 8/13/10 9:40 am
So glad to hear you're home & doing well!  I had a noisey neighbor too - in the step down unit - it was terrible - I wanted to tell them to - well, you know! lol  Keep us updated on how you're feeling!

Weight lost since surgery:

CaperGal
on 8/14/10 12:21 am - Sydney Mines, Canada

so glad that you are doing so well. At least now you can rest at home. take care.

A in NS
on 8/16/10 11:05 pm
How are you feeling today?

Debbie T.
on 8/17/10 2:17 am - Canada
Hi Angie,

Working hard at getting my fluids in as well as protein. A couple of times I forgot I need to sip and put too much in and was uncomfortable. My staple sites are inflamed so am getting them out tomorrow at Diana's suggestion.  On a positive note I am on track for three short walks today, my step count is increasing and I have lost all the weight I gained in hospital and more.  And the best thing of all is not feeling hungry!!!  I still marvel at that every day.

Debbie
Debbie

A in NS
on 8/17/10 5:21 am
It is amazing not to be hungry - what's even harder to wrap my head around is how little I can eat - we were at an appointment in Halifax with my mother yesterday so we had to eat out - we went to Swiss Chalet & I ordered a hamburger patty with cheese on it - no bread, no veggies - I ate 1/4 (1.3 oz) of it and was stuffed & was it ever good - UNTIL I got home and looked up the nutritional content of a hamburger patty @ Swiss Chalet - the 1/4 that I ate had 120 calories in it & an ungodly amount of fat - I won't eat there again since there isn't much that's decent at all!! 

Debbie T.
on 8/17/10 6:01 am - Canada
Thanks for the head up on that. I can't wait to have minced chicken mixed with Chalet sauce. I buy the mix from the grocery store.
Debbie

auntieRhonda
on 8/18/10 2:20 am - Sydney, Canada
Excellent ! I am glad to see that you are feeling so good ! Gives me some much needed confidence. Best of luck with getting all your liquids.
Most Active