Second Operation??

Frank P.
on 8/12/10 9:01 am - Aylesford, Canada
          Hi, I am new to the board,  but i do have a valid question....
20 yrs ago I had the Vertical Banded Surgery  in Halifax   and was OK for 15 yrs...then I became allergic to the plactic band they used and nearly died at the QE 2...My original Dr (Dr Perry) retired, I was referred to Dr Allen MacDonald *****versed my surgery. That was 7  yrs ago (He too has semi-retired )....Sadly to say I have put on all of my post surgery weight....Now I find myself thinking I would like to have the surgery again....I realize I have had the surgery BUT it was not my fault that it had to be reversed!!   I spend over 5 yrs unable to swallow just about anything....Finally after my immune system shut down Dr Mac Donald realized there was a serious problem and reversed the surgery to save my life!!...., What I would like to know is what should I do?? Any opinions??  I have tried to contact Dr. Ellesmere and all I get is letters from Ms. Lawlor saying NO to bad so sad, and  to contact my prior surgeon (Who are both retired!!)

...It is not like I sabotaged my surgery, I was the poster boy for Dr. Perry for a long, long time...All I would like is a fair chance...I went through hell and now I get this??  Should |I try a clinic in Ontario?? Would MSI pay anything?  Thanks for your time....Frank
CaperGal
on 8/12/10 9:39 am - Sydney Mines, Canada
Hi, what has your family Doctor said about this? as far as I know he/she sends in the referral for you. Maybe there is something he/she can do. You will have to call msi to fine out if they do cover it. Good Luck.
Frank P.
on 8/12/10 9:43 am - Aylesford, Canada
  My family Dr. is all for it...He was the one who sent the referral to both Dr. Ellesmere and Dr. Mac Donald..  He is at a brick wall....I do have a contact at MSI, I have to write a letter to him and wait and see....
A in NS
on 8/12/10 9:55 am
I know they do some different surgeries in NB - maybe your family doc could try sending it to their clinic?  Just a thought...

Weight lost since surgery:

justsherri65
on 8/12/10 10:33 pm - Canada
I had my surgery in NB with Dr Beausoliel but only because there were no surgeons available in NS when I started my journey, therefore MSI approved surgery out of province..However, I have recently heard that because there are surgeons in NS now, MSI will not approve out of province procedures but maybe because yours is a specific problem, it might be different...
I have heard that Dr macDonald is working out of Amherst, or he was not that long ago..Maybe check that out!

Most Active