papers in the mail today

CaperGal
on 8/11/10 3:33 am - Sydney Mines, Canada

I got the papers in the mail this morning, the ones we are all waiting for who were at the March session. My appointment starts at 10 am on the 13th. to meet the team. It says that it should take an hour for each individual appointment. The nurse practitioner, dietitian and the phychologist. I will have to go up the day before.

I am worried about not being accepted cos of something I say or do wrong. Has anyone ever been turned down for any reasons? I am not worried about how I will due before or after surgery, just that I may not be accepted.
I am trying to do everything they said for us to do so hopefully that will work out. Can anyone tell me the kind of things they talk about? Thanks all.

imaybenuts
on 8/11/10 9:44 am - Canada
dont worry..u will be fine..... its not that bad...and i dont think they would refuse you...if they had a prob i think they would work with u...relaxxxxxxxxxx.....they are a great bunch! good luck

30 lbs lost pre op

A in NS
on 8/11/10 11:33 am
I agree - I never felt they were looking for a reason to say no - rather looking to see if there was anything they could help me with before hand...  I still feel that way about them!  :)

Weight lost since surgery:

CaperGal
on 8/12/10 9:44 am - Sydney Mines, Canada

Thanks I will stop worring so much and just get things done that I need too before I go there. Thanks all.... Gilda

auntieRhonda
on 8/13/10 7:07 am, edited 8/13/10 7:10 am - Sydney, Canada
Hey CaperGal ! I live in Sydney River, and am just starting to research Lap band at my Dr.'s request. I don't think he knows much more than I do about it...lol Would you mind giving me any info. that might help me get started ? I hear that MSI pays for some people to have the surgery...is this true ? Are you paying for your own? Any info would help....please and thanks. Anyone that knows anything would be a big help. I have no idea where to get started......
mlm105
on 8/14/10 9:04 am - Mainland,NS, Canada
Hey Ladies,

I  recieved my papers too. just a few questions that I thought I would check  in here with first....

On the bottom of mine for OTHER TESTS : B-12 and Vitamin D are written down are these normal tests  that  everyone gets done for WLS?

It says nothing about fasting. For these tests do we fast  and for how long?

Also it says to have them done  and made sure Diana recieves them 1 week prior to surgery. Is it to soon to have them done now ? In case something happened I want enough time to  get it straightened away.

Mel

Debbie T.
on 8/14/10 9:28 am - Canada
Hi Mel,  b-12 and Vit D are normal. You should get them done now. I fasted just in case. They like to check re B-12 and D and get you on something ahead of time in case you need it.

Debbie

Weight lost since surgery
Most Active