Consult

nickola1
on 8/10/10 6:56 am - Riverview, Canada
 Hey folks, I just wanted to let everyone know, especially if you are new and inquiring, that my mother had her consult application submitted a couple of weeks ago and has been informed that she will have her surgery within the year.  I'm so happy for her and terribly excited that she won't have to wait for too long.  She does have multiple co-morbidities and related health concerns thereby granting a "within the year" appointment. 

I just had my doctor fax my consult request/application today and emailed Diane to make sure she got it.  I hope to be as soon to be seen for my consult. 

Waiting for my world to change!  So excited! 

Thanks everyone.  
(deactivated member)
on 8/10/10 11:53 am - Canada

Thats great news for both you and your mom!
I went to my information session on Feb 17/09.  We were told that we probably would all have our surgery within the year as long as we qualified.  
I had surgery on Feb 23/10. 

nickola1
on 8/10/10 12:38 pm - Riverview, Canada
 Wow that's great timing.  Since you've had the surgery what challenges do you feel you face with food?  How long did it take to go back to work?  

Thanks 
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/10 8:58 pm - Canada
My biggest challenges are my "head" cravings and getting the needed amounts of protein and water.

I had enough sick time to be able to take the recommended 4 weeks off work.  I think if I pushed it, I could have gone back after 2 weeks but I would have been pretty tired.  I have a desk job.  If the job is at all physical, I definitely recommend taking the full 4 weeks to let yourself heal, nap, walk, etc. 
Dominic E.
on 8/12/10 11:00 am - Eastern Passage, Canada
cool, I email Diane this afternoonto make sure mine was received since it was faxed yesterday
Most Active