Ugh - Challenges!

(deactivated member)
on 8/6/10 11:12 am - Canada
I am finding summer very challenging for my weight loss.  Eating at other peoples places more, starches everywhere! 
I had to go to camp for the last 3 days for work and the camp cook is so freakin amazing, it is hard to turn anything down!!!  Homemade buns, cookies, pizza. 
I have a hard time with water so then I am getting dehydrated.  Hard to get a good long walk in when it is so hot! 
I have to get over these excuses and get my head back in the game!!!!
Maybe now that I have admitted it here to all of you I can get my head screwed back on straight.
Someone kick me in the butt!!
Alegria
on 8/6/10 11:24 am - Nova Scotia, Canada
I have to say I've been in the same boat this summer for some reason, too hot, too humid, always an excuse, I have been struggling to get my protein in and know that this is why I'm feeling tired.  Water isn't an issue but it's so hot that walking isn't something I feel like doing these days.

I hate to even say it but I'm looking forward to cooler evenings to get out and walk and sleep better then I think my motivation will increase.

We can do this, you are doing a great job and will get back on track.

Thanks for sharing.
Dominic E.
on 8/11/10 2:09 am, edited 8/11/10 2:10 am - Eastern Passage, Canada
Hey don't beat yourself up, there will be ups and downs when it comes to weightloss, the summer is bad but the holidays are usually the worst. I ty to get out more in the cooler evening for walking, I work all day so I know it is hard but you have made it this far and that is half the battle
Most Active