finally got the nerve to go to the dr

Dominic E.
on 8/6/10 11:17 pm - Eastern Passage, Canada
 Hey Lana
Thanks, I finally have hit the wall on this, my mind is set diets and exercise are only maintaining my current weight it is time for medical intervention no prescriptions that take years too work and are not covered by Blue Cross, if she does not give me the referral I'll go to someone who will. Congrats on your progress cheers

Dominic
nickola1
on 8/10/10 7:05 am - Riverview, Canada
 Hi there Dominic, 

Congrats on taking the steps to a positive and forever change in your life.  I just had my referral/consult application sent this week.  I am 34 and I weigh 274 lbs at 5'9 (BMI 41) with diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, and other misc co-morbidities.  My doctor was great in discussing this opportunity.  I informed him of my purpose, intentions and state of mind and he was more than happy to complete the application form.  I  have also been seeing a clinical therapist in the past few months and my weight is a large component of our discussions.   I've tried it all, I've gained and lost over 1000 lbs throughout my life so far.  Anyway, it's nice to see another guy on here (no offence ladies) and wish you all the best.  

Cheers, 
Chris

Dominic E.
on 8/11/10 1:57 am, edited 8/11/10 1:57 am - Eastern Passage, Canada
Hey Chris

Thanks for the words of encouragement, I went to my GP today and it actually went quite well and easy I was surprised, she had seen all the research and info and time, I had invested into and filled out my referral and sent it while i was in her office, now just the wait and hear back part now. I know it will not be a quick process but hey I waited 39 yrs what another little while.

Cheers

Dominic
Dominic E.
on 8/24/10 2:03 am - Eastern Passage, Canada
Hi All

Kind of discouraged, I followed up with my Doctor and Capital health to make sure they got my referral, I was emailed by Capital Health confirming they received it, but they also informed me since I am not Diabetic or/and since, I have my Blood pressure somewhat under control, I will not see them for 2 to 3 years, I knew I would have to wait but damn 3 years.  I am going to see my Dr next week to see what and how she filled out my referral and also to have my blood pressure checked.  Not sure what to do now, as I informed them both parents were Diabetic and both parents suffered from High Blood Pressure as well and both had Cancer, in which both of them had passed away on me last year.  Not sure where to turn now, they bhad mentioned they are openign a weight clinic in November, just trying to figure out what to do beside wait...
mandy2009
on 9/23/10 1:07 am - Halifax, Canada
I'm so sorry to hear that Dominic!!!

I'm a bit confused re: your comment about Capital Health emailing you, though. There wasn't a space for an email address on the referral form I printed off, were we supposed to provide that???
Dominic E.
on 9/23/10 2:39 am - Eastern Passage, Canada

Hi Mandy

I went on the Capital Health Page and used the email address provided there to check to see if that received my referral from my Doctor, and the came back with a confirmation and also that I was not sick enough to be moved higher on th e list and would  have to wait 2 to 3 yrs or longer

mandy2009
on 9/23/10 3:00 am - Halifax, Canada
That makes me nervous that I will not get on the list. I did have a whole bunch of boxes checked off though, so maybe?
Most Active