how to talk to your Dr

Dominic E.
on 8/2/10 12:07 pm - Eastern Passage, Canada
I have mentioned medical help to her before, and she just kept trying a Dietitian, rather than medical intervention, like I said to her I am not going to lose 200+ pounds on diet an exercise alone.  Any advise would be helpful,
A in NS
on 8/2/10 12:25 pm
I would insist on a referral OR find a new Doc!  It can be soooo frustrating sometimes!

Weight lost since surgery:

Dominic E.
on 8/2/10 9:26 pm - Eastern Passage, Canada
Thanks, I am going to insist on the referral besides my wife is an RN, and is more influential, and if it comes to it I will go find a new Dr, even though it is getting a little harder now a days in Halifax anyway
nickola1
on 8/10/10 7:11 am - Riverview, Canada
 Funny enough I have a new doctor as of July 2010 and after my second visit with him with all the information he needed, he referred me.  Dr. Khalil is his name and is still accepting new patients.  I researched him online (ratemydoc.ca) and he had a lot of patient fans.  I thought he was the best my first visit.  He really cares, has a wonderful personality, and well is open to referring those who need it.  He did send me for blood work, confirmed co-morbidities and away I went.  Recommend him 110%.  As a health care provider myself, Respiratory Therapist, he is one of a kind.  

Cheers, 
Chris

Dominic E.
on 8/11/10 2:03 am - Eastern Passage, Canada
Good to hear, like I had said before, I met with my GP today and she was very understanding and accomodating, I think she realized I tried the convental ways and need the extra Medical intervention to herlp me reach my goal
nickola1
on 8/11/10 3:14 am - Riverview, Canada
 That's great!  I heard back from the clinic at Capital Health today and they have determined that I will be seen to within the year because of my Diabetes alone.  So excited.  I can't wait.  The staff there seem really nice.  Have you checked out any youtube video blogs?  Some of them are amazing.  I've been focusing more on the men's results around my age and weight and I think I'll do great.  
Dominic E.
on 8/11/10 11:12 pm - Eastern Passage, Canada
Sounds like you will be doing great, how long between the referral and hearing back from Capital Health, With a BMI of 57 (397 and 5'10") my suger is fine high part of normal but still normal and checked regularly, Blood pressure not too bad, I do have a HypoThyroid and never got checked for Sleep Apnea but I will get checked the little Mrs is a Nurse RN for Capital health, she said I sound terrible when I sleep.  Hopefully the process will go smoothly
nickola1
on 8/11/10 11:33 pm - Riverview, Canada
 Hey there,  actually I just emailed them and asked if they received my application and she offered to tell me that I will be seen to within the year because of my diabetes alone.  Same thing with my mother.  My mother was talking to them directly and they said that if you have diabetes (either type I or II), you automatically are seen to within the year.  If your not diabetic then it will take longer than one year to be seen to. I would just email them and ask to make sure they received your app. though.  
Most Active